+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO- 2 positions in 1

canadafirst

Feb 20, 2010
I am a mainly seasonal employer who hired a foreign worker on a 1-year temporary work permit during the past summer.

Although she has an architecture degree and has worked in her profession oversees, she worked for us in an office coordinator/sales position. She was exceptional though, and has been given work as a project coordinator this winter within the same company. She will resume her office-coordinator work again this summer and, were it not for the coming expiration of her 1-year work permit this June, could alternate between these two seasonal positions for the foreseeable future.

It's win-win; she enjoys the work and residing in Canada, and, in working two positions, saves us from having to lay off a winter Canadian in the summer and a summer Canadian in the winter. It would be difficult to find a Canadian to do both these tasks as competently and enthusiatically as she does.

I would like to fill out an LMO on her behalf but I worry that the two halves of her work, when viewed separately, may seem like work that anyone could do. Is there any benefit in taking this 2-in-1 approach or might it confuse the issue and do more harm than good? Would her position be better described as that of a simple year-round office coordinator?

Thanks

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
canadafirst said:
I am a mainly seasonal employer who hired a foreign worker on a 1-year temporary work permit during the past summer.

Although she has an architecture degree and has worked in her profession oversees, she worked for us in an office coordinator/sales position. She was exceptional though, and has been given work as a project coordinator this winter within the same company. She will resume her office-coordinator work again this summer and, were it not for the coming expiration of her 1-year work permit this June, could alternate between these two seasonal positions for the foreseeable future.

It's win-win; she enjoys the work and residing in Canada, and, in working two positions, saves us from having to lay off a winter Canadian in the summer and a summer Canadian in the winter. It would be difficult to find a Canadian to do both these tasks as competently and enthusiatically as she does.

I would like to fill out an LMO on her behalf but I worry that the two halves of her work, when viewed separately, may seem like work that anyone could do. Is there any benefit in taking this 2-in-1 approach or might it confuse the issue and do more harm than good? Would her position be better described as that of a simple year-round office coordinator?

Thanks
It would have far better chance of success if you applied for 1 LMO under 1 position throughout the year.