+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

s_pisces

Dec 30, 2009
Hi, I am working under PGWP which will be expiring soon. I have 463 points under express entry profile. The last round of invitation was at 534 points. So, I am worried I might not get an ITA in time before the expiry of my work permit.

I am looking into LMIA. I am a registered nurse and a lot of the employers are not able to support LMIA since they cant prove that there is no canadian resident that can fill the position. I am just brainstorming my OPTIONS NOW and was thinking of maybe trying to get LMIA positive employment in a different field/occupation like managerial position in the food service industry or something with a restaurant or there are other positions with smaller companies.

Anyways, my question is that 1) Am I able to switch occupations to obtain LMIA positive employment. 2)If I am able to do so (by some miracle) will CIC still count my nursing experience of 2 years towards immigration (in order to qualify for canadian expeirence class where you need a minimum of 1 year full time experience).

Are there any other options for PR? I am considering the Caring for people with high medical needs pathway already.

Thank you!
PS: I know my questions and thoughts are all over the place but I am just trying to keep/find every single option possible.