+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

kanaya

Jul 28, 2015
Hello there,

My future employer sent an unnamed LMIA application to ESDC in April 2015 for a high skilled occupation.
He wants to hire me and gave me a job offer.
The LMIA application he sent was for a temporary 2 years work permit.
But I completed my express entry profile, I qualified under the Canadian Experience Class and I need him to provide me with a positive LMIA in order to get my PR.

ESDC has not process yet his LMIA
Can he send them a new LMIA form to support my work permit/PR application? Or does he need to re-send a new LMIA and pay again the $1000 fees?

Thank you,
Kana

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kanaya said:
My future employer sent an unnamed LMIA application to ESDC in April 2015 for a high skilled occupation. ESDC has not process yet his LMIA.

He wants to hire me and gave me a job offer.
The LMIA application he sent was for a temporary 2 years work permit.
But I completed my express entry profile, I qualified under the Canadian Experience Class and I need him to provide me with a positive LMIA in order to get my PR.

Can he send them a new LMIA form to support my work permit/PR application? Or does he need to re-send a new LMIA and pay again the $1000 fees?
An unnamed LMIA is a kind of temporary / unofficial LMIA. It does not become "official" until your employer provides your name, and it is replaced with an "official" named LMIA, which you then use to get your work permit. (I don't think there is any fee to add the name).

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/unnamed_lmo.shtml

I think you can use this official LMIA to support the EE application, but you should check with ESDC to be sure.

Also, your employer should contact ESDC/Service Canada to (a) check on progress of the unnamed LMIA, and (b) see if they can submit your name and details and change it to a named LMIA (not sure if that is possible or not, probably depends on the stage of processing).