+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA + Work Permit + Express Entry.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Hypothetical (but very possible for me) situation. I have 450~ points in express entry and I have a work permit and working as a Software Engineer at a company in Toronto. I worked there for 3-4 months and ask for an LMIA to update my express entry profile. I work for 1 year and it's irrelevant cause I will cross 500 points any way but assume I want to do this earlier. What are the odds that LMIA is possible ? Assuming I am already working for them and have a valid work permit for another year (but want to not wait for an ITA). Are LMIA very difficult even from within Canada while you are working for that company ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hypothetical (but very possible for me) situation. I have 450~ points in express entry and I have a work permit and working as a Software Engineer at a company in Toronto. I worked there for 3-4 months and ask for an LMIA to update my express entry profile. I work for 1 year and it's irrelevant cause I will cross 500 points any way but assume I want to do this earlier. What are the odds that LMIA is possible ? Assuming I am already working for them and have a valid work permit for another year (but want to not wait for an ITA). Are LMIA very difficult even from within Canada while you are working for that company ?
So is the employer going through with the LMIA? The employer must post your job again on Job Bank and other sites. They must pay $1k and be willing to fill out all the paperwork.