+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA (Wage problem for NOC 2171)

Miso

Feb 1, 2015
I work as a Application Consultant for a computing consulting company, my job description fits perfectly under NOC 2171. The problem is that the wage for NOC 2171 in the job bank is 40.38 per hour and my wage currently is 30 per hour. I talked to a lawyer and she told me that if my wage is one cent less the 40.38 I wont be able to get LMIA.
The Lawyer suggested changing my NOC, but i cant find the right one.

Does anyone know if the there is any NOC i can use for my job (Application Consultant with wage 30 per hour).

any help is really appreciated.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Miso said:
I work as a Application Consultant for a computing consulting company, my job description fits perfectly under NOC 2171. The problem is that the wage for NOC 2171 in the job bank is 40.38 per hour and my wage currently is 30 per hour. I talked to a lawyer and she told me that if my wage is one cent less the 40.38 I wont be able to get LMIA.
The Lawyer suggested changing my NOC, but i cant find the right one.

Does anyone know if the there is any NOC i can use for my job (Application Consultant with wage 30 per hour).

any help is really appreciated.
NOC is about the occupation you are in. Minimum wages are defined according to the job description of each occupation. If your job responsibility perfectly matches the description of 2171 and you are being paid less than statutory minimum then the solution is not to change your NOC to fit the lower wage bracket but to ask your employer why he is paying you less. No employer can pay less than the minimum wage. For such compliances many employers do not want to go for a LMIA. Remember the risk of going for a lower wage NOC may not make your profile saleable for CIC to grant you PR. I know 2171 is a solid NOC.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
If wages is problem, i would suggest go for PNP. In PNP, u need to meet entry level wages.

Miso

Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your replies.

the job bank lists the low, median and high wages for each NOC. My wage is more that the low but less than the median.

for the LMIA the wage has to match the median wage.

The problem with the wages in job bank is that it doesn't take into account the experience. With 1 year experience, i feel it doesn't make sense to ask my employer for such a raise (25%).

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Miso said:
Thanks for your replies.

the job bank lists the low, median and high wages for each NOC. My wage is more that the low but less than the median.

for the LMIA the wage has to match the median wage.

The problem with the wages in job bank is that it doesn't take into account the experience. With 1 year experience, i feel it doesn't make sense to ask my employer for such a raise (25%).
I am not sure why you cant go for a LMIA with minimum wage paid. But if someone has told you so there must be a reason. Try looking for other jobs that will pay you the median wage.

Miso

Feb 1, 2015
SMCANADAVISA said:
I am not sure why you cant go for a LMIA with minimum wage paid. But if someone has told you so there must be a reason. Try looking for other jobs that will pay you the median wage.
To match the median wage is one of the requirements for hiring temporary foreign worker as per the esdc. gc. ca website (Stream for Higher-skilled Occupations).

Another job is an option i guess :(