+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA positive + work permit questions

cleoz16

Feb 25, 2022
Hi,

So recently I recieved a LMIA postive letter from my employer. I am from INDIA and I gave an upfront medicals on 23 Feb and soon submitted my application on 25th. I have few queries on my submission below:

After the questionnaire, I was given

Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program (visitor's visa required + no work permit)

application package. For

"Did the employer give you a copy of LMIA ?", I answered yes in the questionnaire.

1. I was asked for proof of work permit exempt.

~ I have a NOC A job offer and I do require a work permit + lmia. So what do I show as proof of work permit exempt ?

2. The said work permit fee is 155 CAD and 85 CAD for biometrics. But when I completed the application online and submitted, I paid 185 CAD for the application including biometrics.

Below are the list of documents I submitted:
  • Offer of Employment Instructions - Document: Offer of Employment ~attached LMIA + offer letter
  • Proof of Work Permit Exemption ~ attached a cover letter saying I require work permit and applying using below lmia and offer letter
  • Passport
  • Proof of Means of Financial Support ~ uploaded bank statement, it files, pay slips. 6500 CAD in total
  • Proof of upfront medical exam
  • Digital photo
  • Purpose of Travel ~ cover letter saying travelling for work and acknowledging it's a temporary visa and will return home if it expires.
  • Family Information (IMM5645)
  • Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
Can somebody spill their valuable beans?
Did I mess anything up? If yes, what's the best next move.

#C

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

So recently I recieved a LMIA postive letter from my employer. I am from INDIA and I gave an upfront medicals on 23 Feb and soon submitted my application on 25th. I have few queries on my submission below:

After the questionnaire, I was given

Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program (visitor's visa required + no work permit)

application package. For

"Did the employer give you a copy of LMIA ?", I answered yes in the questionnaire.

1. I was asked for proof of work permit exempt.

~ I have a NOC A job offer and I do require a work permit + lmia. So what do I show as proof of work permit exempt ?

2. The said work permit fee is 155 CAD and 85 CAD for biometrics. But when I completed the application online and submitted, I paid 185 CAD for the application including biometrics.

Below are the list of documents I submitted:
  • Offer of Employment Instructions - Document: Offer of Employment ~attached LMIA + offer letter
  • Proof of Work Permit Exemption ~ attached a cover letter saying I require work permit and applying using below lmia and offer letter
  • Passport
  • Proof of Means of Financial Support ~ uploaded bank statement, it files, pay slips. 6500 CAD in total
  • Proof of upfront medical exam
  • Digital photo
  • Purpose of Travel ~ cover letter saying travelling for work and acknowledging it's a temporary visa and will return home if it expires.
  • Family Information (IMM5645)
  • Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
Can somebody spill their valuable beans?
Did I mess anything up? If yes, what's the best next move.

#C
Are you applying for ICT then? Your employer will need to show that you are needed at the Canadian offices. Employer’s Lawyer usually takes care of ICT. You say you don’t need WP in some places but then also specify that you are applying for WP so it is slightly confusing.