+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA or PNP

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hello there,

I currently have 460 points without PNP or LMIA for my job.

To my understanding LMIA is necessary if I want to get anything out of 600 points allowed for "Arranged Employment". Is that correct?

Also, What are my chances of ITA? I am eligible for FSW and CEC both. I have been working as a software developer in Canada for over a year.

If I need to get extra 600 points, should I go for LMIA or PNP (in Alberta)? What are advantages and disadvantages of both?

Thanks

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Also what's the point of registering for Job bank? I am not planning to leave my current job, but do I have to register with job bank to make my profile eligible for a draw? AFA I understand, my profile won't be valid till I get a job offer from job bank for another job, which issue me a LMIA too and I accept that offer. this Express entry has started to confuse me a lot and Customer care is useless

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
If you dont have LMAI or PNP, you have to sign up with job bank job match service. It sounds stupid because you are already working and you don't need LMIA. If a job offer comes up from job bank, just reject the offer and keep working your own job

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Will just registering for job bank make my profile eligible for draw or do I have to accept an offer from job bank?

samonfire_007

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
LMIA is a 3-4 month process but employers are not willing to do it because it includes a lot of HR hours and they have to post your posting. My employer told me what if we post your job and we find a candidate which we can't reject. It is a messy situation

PNP or say AINP in your case would be around 20-25 months. I would suggest you should apply for one just to be on the safe side

According to all the statics and news, CRS score should drop to 400-500 pretty soon. Maybe in 2-3 months. Your score is 460 so you have quite good chance that you will get ITA pretty soon. Mine is 452 so I guess we are in the same boat. Best of luck

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled
Ritwick said:
Will just registering for job bank make my profile eligible for draw or do I have to accept an offer from job bank?
Yes that's a requirement, one has to be registered with the job bank to be eligible for EE.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
You can think to apply to LMIA, if your salary is of median range(Range of your salary depends on province and area you can cross check on jobbank website). If ur salary is lower that required median range, I would suggest go for PNP because for PNP u have to meet entry level wages(PNP for every province has their own rule so please cross check regarding salary range).

Ritwick

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
PK_11 said:
You can think to apply to LMIA, if your salary is of median range(Range of your salary depends on province and area you can cross check on jobbank website). If ur salary is lower that required median range, I would suggest go for PNP because for PNP u have to meet entry level wages(PNP for every province has their own rule so please cross check regarding salary range).
My Salary is a bit less than median range. Median for Software Developer in Calgary is 35.35 and my hourly when calculated by Annual/2080 working hours (40 hours * 52 weeks) comes to 33.65. If I consider holidays and vacation, it comes to 37.5 (taking out 3 week vacation and 10 holidays). I can ask my employer to increase my salary, as I am due for a raise anyways.

Does that mean I should go for LMIA? I have a good relationship with my employer and they want me to work with them. 20-25 months for Alberta PNP sounds ridiculous and my work permit expires in June 2016.

Any idea about whats the procedure for applying for LMIA?

Thanks a lot guys.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As mentioned under BC PNP the international graduate should have a valid job offer. So if I have a job offer from BC employer but without LMIA am I eligible for PNP.
My question is under PNP for express entry do we need LMIA approved job to gain 600 points.
As far as I know if one has a job offer with LMIA approved will get 600 points, no need of PNP
However if I want PNP that requires job offer, so by that does they mean job offer without LMIA or with it?

Thanks in afvance

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As mentioned under BC PNP the international graduate should have a valid job offer. So if I have a job offer from BC employer but without LMIA am I eligible for PNP.
My question is under PNP for express entry do we need LMIA approved job to gain 600 points.
As far as I know if one has a job offer with LMIA approved will get 600 points, no need of PNP
However if I want PNP that requires job offer, so by that does they mean job offer without LMIA or with it?

Thanks in afvance

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, if you want to get a positive LMIA, your employer should advertise your position for a month. But, how can (s)he actually prove that there were no Canadian candidates for this position? Cause technically, we can advertise the position, reject all the applicants, saying it's been filled already or the applicant doesn't meet the criteria. And then just apply for LMIA. Is it based purely on the employer's honesty or should there be a documented prove?

Enigma15

Feb 10, 2015
Hello friends, I wanted to know do we have to apply for the job bank separately or is it included in the Express Entry form?
And also what's the procedure for getting LMIA?

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
Enigma15 said:
Hello friends, I wanted to know do we have to apply for the job bank separately or is it included in the Express Entry form?
And also what's the procedure for getting LMIA?
this is also my question . seniors please answer our questions.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can anyone pls answer whether the job requirement under PNP BC is with or without LMIA?