+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA not required for CEC (candidates)

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
hi all,

To my understanding LMIA is not required for CEC candidates.

Read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

it states that:

A job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment must

For Federal Skilled Worker Program
be permanent, non-seasonal and full time, and
be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list.

For Federal Skilled Trades Program
be for at least one year of full-time work,
be Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades) in one of the eligible occupations, and
have wages and working conditions comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation.

Note: For the FSTP, the employment offer can be made by up to two employers.

For Canadian Experience Class (not required but applicants can get extra points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer)

be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list.

This is clear for all CEC candidates. if you have One year of full time experience and have permanent job offer, then looks like you are good to go... :)

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even I hope the same ..but better to be prepared for worst..

What I understand is ..cic might send ITA's every month on each category which are in same pool.

Say like ..Top 2000 CEC applicants
Top 5000 FSW applicants

If lmia is required for all CEC applicants...which most of the big companies might not give.So I guess we all should be more or less at same points without lmia.

Just a positive thought to make us feel better :D

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
what i understand is that, we do not require LMIA but we will not get 600 points as well...Its just that FSK requires LMIA...it is mandatory...but not for CEC...

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curious_123 said:
what i understand is that, we do not require LMIA but we will not get 600 points as well...Its just that FSK requires LMIA...it is mandatory...but not for CEC...
Hii curious_123,

Why is lmia mandatory for FSW..what I thought about FSW is ...they create a profile and if they satisfy all requirements ( like they need have foreign work experience etc) they enter into pool and get selected if they rank highest among pool ...

If all people who are going to apply FSW need a job offer with lmia before they enter into pool ...I highly how they are going to get it from abroad as even the job bank is not yet ready ...and the quota is 51,000 this year ...I doubt how they are going to be filled ..

Correct me if I'm wrong ...thanks

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even the job bank isn't ready yet ..I doubt how they are going to select applicants from pool on last week if jan

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
curious_123 said:
What is FSK? Did you mean FSW?
Nowhere its said that LMIA is required for FSW. (Can you point me to a source?)
We don't need it for CEC or FSW. Only thing is we will loose those 600 points.

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
Maplemadness82 said:
What is FSK? Did you mean FSW?
Nowhere its said that LMIA is required for FSW. (Can you point me to a source?)
We don't need it for CEC or FSW. Only thing is we will loose those 600 points.

LMIA is must for FSW but not for CEC

please check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp and it say FSW MUST have lmia job

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
kiran_6sb said:
Hii curious_123,

Why is lmia mandatory for FSW..what I thought about FSW is ...they create a profile and if they satisfy all requirements ( like they need have foreign work experience etc) they enter into pool and get selected if they rank highest among pool ...

If all people who are going to apply FSW need a job offer with lmia before they enter into pool ...I highly how they are going to get it from abroad as even the job bank is not yet ready ...and the quota is 51,000 this year ...I doubt how they are going to be filled ..

Correct me if I'm wrong ...thanks

the same link on top by poster says

job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment must

be Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades) in one of the eligible occupations, and
have wages and working conditions comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation..

so FSW MUST have LMIA supported job

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Umer_Ali said:
LMIA is must for FSW but not for CEC

please check the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp and it say FSW MUST have lmia job
You are not reading the page correctly. The page you posted is meant for employers to understand the guidelines for processing LMIA.
Good luck..

maksal

May 21, 2012
mohsin.ipr said:
hi all,

To my understanding LMIA is not required for CEC candidates.

Read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

it states that:

A job offer supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment must

have wages and working conditions comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation.

Note: For the FSTP, the employment offer can be made by up to two employers.

For Canadian Experience Class (not required but applicants can get extra points under the Comprehensive Ranking System for a job offer)

This is clear for all CEC candidates. if you have One year of full time experience and have permanent job offer, then looks like you are good to go... :)

its seems like job offer(with LMIA) is mandatory for FSW and FST category. Job offer is not mandatory under CEC category. But if CEC applicant has the job offer, it sud be LMIA supported in order to get 600 point. Also, it looks like there would be seperate draw for CEC and FSW/FST eventhough there is 1 pool...

this rules seems fair for International student/worker who have already gained canadian experience.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
lemonwater said:
it's quite clear now that :

1. fsw/ftw will definitely need a lmia job to begin with..otherwise they are not eligible to apply..

2. the only uncertainty is that whether cec candidates gain the 600 pts with a job offer even without lmia (it appears this is highly not likely because of the wording of "arranged" employment, and arranged employment directly refer to jobs with lmia/lmo). However, the cec candidates can still apply if they meet the points criteria. (assuming that the pool select points is at 500 or so.)

This is to my understanding most fair to all the candidates and also based on the what's mentioned on the website.

To be really privileged, get pnp or lmia !

Here is how I read.
1. Anybody who meets the requirements of FSW / CEC / FTW can register themselves in EE pool with or without an AR or PNP.
2. They are going to pick a draw end of month. Lets say top 4K for both FSW / FTW & top 2K for CEC.
3. whoever falls in this range will be ITA.

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
Here is how I read.
1. Anybody who meets the requirements of FSW / CEC / FTW can register themselves in EE pool with or without an AR or PNP.
2. They are going to pick a draw end of month. Lets say top 4K for both FSW / FTW & top 2K for CEC.
I agree with you :)

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
Maplemadness82 said:
Here is how I read.

can you please quote the link or source as well, thanks

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Umer_Ali said:
can you please quote the link or source as well, thanks
To my first point, "Anyone who is accepted into the Express Entry pool could get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence".
Source - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
Basically, if you meet the criteria of FSW / CEC / FTW, you can submit your profile to the system. Nowhere it said that one has to have LMIA to submit a profile.

For the second point, I just quoted an example numbers of 4K & 2K.. Dont count on those exact numbers.