+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA - Job Position

peru_camus

Nov 24, 2021
Hello, all

I hope you can help me with some questions regarding the LMIA.

I am currently looking for other opportunities in my career as an IT now having 4 years of experience. I also trying to get the ITA and apply for the PR. I have a score of 436 at this moment. Lately, I've been thinking to look for a job that can provide LMIA. I have been seeing some job post on the job bank site. My questions are the following:

If I find a job that already has or applied for the LMIA, how long do I need to wait to use the LMIA on my Express Entry profile? is it right away once I start working?

Also, since there are low IT positions that can offer an LMIA, is it a good idea to apply for another type of job
such as a Farmworker or cleaning supervisor? Is this decision will jeopardize my eligibility for the EE profile?

I would appreciate any help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, all

I hope you can help me with some questions regarding the LMIA.

I am currently looking for other opportunities in my career as an IT now having 4 years of experience. I also trying to get the ITA and apply for the PR. I have a score of 436 at this moment. Lately, I've been thinking to look for a job that can provide LMIA. I have been seeing some job post on the job bank site. My questions are the following:

If I find a job that already has or applied for the LMIA, how long do I need to wait to use the LMIA on my Express Entry profile? is it right away once I start working?

Also, since there are low IT positions that can offer an LMIA, is it a good idea to apply for another type of job
such as a Farmworker or cleaning supervisor? Is this decision will jeopardize my eligibility for the EE profile?

I would appreciate any help.
The LMIA needs to be in your name. Generally speaking, the employer would not already have an LMIA but will need to apply for one. If the employer already happens to have an LMIA, then the employer needs to add your name to the LMIA.

A farm worker jobs will not give you any points under EE. The job needs to be skilled. You don't have any experience as a cleaning supervisor, so this probably isn't a realistic path either. You want the job offer to be in a field related to your work experience / education. Otherwise IRCC may challenge if you have the skills to take on this role or raise concerns the job offer is primarily for the purpose of getting PR and not genuine.

Be careful of jobs scams.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay