+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA EXEMPTION CODE A70

Behzad0098

Sep 8, 2022
HELLO THERE

I AM PREPARING TO CREATE MY EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE AND I HAD ONE QUESTION REGARDING LMIA EXEMPTION CODE A70.
BASICALLY MY SISTER FALLS UNDER THE BELOW CRITERIA:
  • persons upon whom protection has been conferred in accordance with subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), for example, Convention refugees, successful pre-removal risk assessment (PRRA) applicants

MY QUESTION IS WOULD I BE CONSIDERED A FAMILY MEMBER IN THIS CASE?
THANKS

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HELLO THERE

I AM PREPARING TO CREATE MY EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE AND I HAD ONE QUESTION REGARDING LMIA EXEMPTION CODE A70.
BASICALLY MY SISTER FALLS UNDER THE BELOW CRITERIA:
  • persons upon whom protection has been conferred in accordance with subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), for example, Convention refugees, successful pre-removal risk assessment (PRRA) applicants

MY QUESTION IS WOULD I BE CONSIDERED A FAMILY MEMBER IN THIS CASE?
THANKS
Your question doesn't make sense. Are you asking if you qualify for an LMIA exemption due to your sister's status in Canada? If so, the answer is no. You are not LMIA exempt for this reason.

Behzad0098

Sep 8, 2022
Your question doesn't make sense. Are you asking if you qualify for an LMIA exemption due to your sister's status in Canada? If so, the answer is no. You are not LMIA exempt for this reason.
hey there

so basically I have a pgwp at the moment and just finished my one year canadian work experience noc O.

I know to increase my crs points I would need a valid job offer supported by LMIA or exempted.

so my question also is since I have been working for over a year for my employer and he’s able to give me a valid job offer and if I fall under code a70 under Canadian interest category since I’m a brother of a protected person , would I need to get my job supported by LMIA OR NO? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hey there

so basically I have a pgwp at the moment and just finished my one year canadian work experience noc O.

I know to increase my crs points I would need a valid job offer supported by LMIA or exempted.

so my question also is since I have been working for over a year for my employer and he’s able to give me a valid job offer and if I fall under code a70 under Canadian interest category since I’m a brother of a protected person , would I need to get my job supported by LMIA OR NO? Thanks
No, you don't fall under an LMIA exemption based on your brother.

Your employer needs to get an approved LMIA if you want to claim the 50 points.