+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA exempt work permit(ICT) to PR

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Hi,

I apologize in advance if this information is available in the forums somewhere but I wanted to check if anyone could help answer some of the questions that I have.
I have been working with this employer since 2010 of which first 5 years I was in India. I was then sent to USA for 5 years on L1B specialized skill visa.
I entered Canada in Feb 2020 on a ICT work permit specialized knowledge(LMIA exempt) and have been working with the same employer since then in Montreal.
The permit that I had initially for 2 years mentioned a condition that I could only work out of Montreal. I applied for permit extension in Sept of 2021 and now I have received a new work permit(ICT employer specific) till Feb of 2023 and it doesn't state any restrictions and says that I can work at the company and client sites across Canada.

I am now trying to apply for PR , so my question is:
1. Can I claim the 50 points for the job offer ? I got a letter from my company stating that I am a full time employee and it mentions noc , salary full time status, weekly hours, job duties etc - basically everything that is outlined on ircc website for the job offer. It also mentions that company is ready to move me out of Quebec to it's Toronto office once my PR is approved.
2. Can the same letter be used for proving the intent to move out of Quebec as it's from the employer itself?
3. If i keep this job offer my points are 513, and without it it's 463, so thinking of a scenario if this job offer letter wouldn't be considered for a reason , and if so what could that be?

Anyone else has gone through from process of ICT permit in Montreal to PR via Express Entry-please share your experiences.