+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA exempt job offer and SINP

chandan2022

Mar 2, 2022
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I am currently on SOWP (valid until December 2024) and have been working with a Saskatchewan based nonprofit organization which is funded by federal and provincial govt. I am working as an instructor/coordinator for almost an year. My job contract is valid until March 2025. I want to consider PR through SINP pathway. I want to confirm if:
1) my job comes under LMIA exempt category or not?
2) Can SOWP be converted into a closed work permit if the employer is supporting for it?
3) What is the way for me to stay inside Canada in case my work permit gets expired before getting selected in EE?

Please guide me so that I can timely take an informed decision. I have just created EE profile with my current score of 480.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
1) Your employer has to do an assessment do determine LMIA exemption.
2) If it is non-exempt then yes you can convert the SOWP to a closed one with the LMIA
3) You currently have 1yr of experience in a seemingly high NOC (B), you should be looking at PNP. You could be qualified right now to apply! Especially since your employment contract has more than a year left on it. If you wait on express entry and your score is too low, you definitely run the risk of being sent back home.