+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA/ CLOSED WORK PERMIT

Apr 12, 2024
Hello everyone. My employer applied a PR supporting LMIA and got me a job offer few months ago. But after a while I came to know through my lawyer that my LMIA is not dual intend, so I’ll be not able to apply closed work permit on base of it. My work permit is expiring this December.

Is it true that I’m not able to apply my closed work permit on base of a PR supporting LMIA if its not dual intend ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone. My employer applied a PR supporting LMIA and got me a job offer few months ago. But after a while I came to know through my lawyer that my LMIA is not dual intend, so I’ll be not able to apply closed work permit on base of it. My work permit is expiring this December.

Is it true that I’m not able to apply my closed work permit on base of a PR supporting LMIA if its not dual intend ?
Did they pay a $1k for a LMIA or just applied for a LMIA to support your PR application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
No they didn’t paid that amount, they just applied for it to support my PR application.
So they are supporting your PR application. So you cannot apply for a closed work permit with it. It adds 50 points to your EE profile so hopefully you will get ITA by December. If you do get ITA and apply through EE once you have AOR, you can apply for a bridging open work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What if there is no ITA until December, any backup plan to prevent that?
What is your CRS score and NOC? If your permit (PGWP?) expires, you stop working. Your employer needs to pay the $1k to file for a LMIA. They will first need to post your job and prove no one applies and has your experience and education.