+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA - at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa?

AnnaLee0123

Feb 23, 2017
Hi all :)
I got an ITA today for permanent residence. Today's draw score is 441, and my score is 486.
The question is...
My score was 436 but the company gave me LMIA, and I got 50 more score. My job offer is until the end of this year. However, the job offer has to be for at least one year AFTER they issue my permanent resident visa in order to get 50 more point, and my job offer will not be for at least one year by the time I get my PR.
I know my company will extend my contract, but they are not going to do paper work and give me new contract until the end of this year.

Is it ok to attach a recommendation letter or something like that from the company when I submit my job offer?
Or, do you think it will be safer if I decline my current ITA, and wait for the next draw to see if the score will drop, so I can get new ITA with the score of 436?

This is very tricky because no one can be sure if the score is going to drop more, and I don't want to risk with my job offer which is gonna be less than a year after they issue my PR.
Please give me some advise.
Thank you very much!!!!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You could either risk declining the ITA and wait for the next draw with 436 or do you can continue with this and hope for the best.

AnnaLee0123

Feb 23, 2017
Yes.. I also realized that I can update my score if I take another English test. I think that's a good option too.
Thank you for the reply!! :)