+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA as a personal trainer and Express Entry

JCBB

Feb 24, 2024
Hello,
I have been in Canada for 5 months on a Working Holiday Visa, and my permit expires in September. Both me and my partner (both with the same program and duration), want to stay longer.

We have been told that the easiest way is to get a job offer with a positive LMIA, and from there we can apply for permanent residency.

I have several doubts:
What is the difference between only having a job offer without the LMIA and with it, i.e., is the job offer without a positive LMIA of any use?

My other question is if you can think of any other way to extend our stay in the country.

I appreciate all the help,
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have been in Canada for 5 months on a Working Holiday Visa, and my permit expires in September. Both me and my partner (both with the same program and duration), want to stay longer.

We have been told that the easiest way is to get a job offer with a positive LMIA, and from there we can apply for permanent residency.

I have several doubts:
What is the difference between only having a job offer without the LMIA and with it, i.e., is the job offer without a positive LMIA of any use?

My other question is if you can think of any other way to extend our stay in the country.

Thank you
A job offer means nothing because it doesn’t allow you to continue working. LMIAs are not easy at all. You need a closed work permit with LMIA. The LMIA is paid for and filed by your employer. The employer proves that no Canadian or PR has the experience or education to do the job, only you. Employer needs to be eligible and go through all the steps (post job, show hiring process, full-time, wage at or above median etc.) Then with LMIA you apply for a closed work permit.

What is your CRS score? Having a LMIA with a closed work permit doesn’t make you eligible for PR. It is based on your age, education, skills, language and funds. What PR programs are you eligible for? Are you eligible for another IEC visa in another category.

What does your partner do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have several doubts:

Thank you
Job offer without LMIA is useless in your situation.

Are you eligible for another IEC participation?

If not, convincing your employer to get an approved LMIA is the best course of action.