+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA and CRS Points Query

JTMiller

Mar 4, 2024
I have an open work permit (PGWP) and recently received a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment which is not for dual intent. I'm trying to understand if I would be able to receive 50 points towards my CRS score with this LMIA.

Additionally, is an LMIA (not for dual intent) considered the same as a job offer for immigration purposes, or do I need to apply for a dual intent LMIA to qualify?

Any insights or experiences you could share would be greatly appreciated.

@canuck78 sir

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have an open work permit (PGWP) and recently received a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment which is not for dual intent. I'm trying to understand if I would be able to receive 50 points towards my CRS score with this LMIA.

Additionally, is an LMIA (not for dual intent) considered the same as a job offer for immigration purposes, or do I need to apply for a dual intent LMIA to qualify?

Any insights or experiences you could share would be greatly appreciated.

@canuck78 sir
You need to switch to a closed work permit if you want to claim the 50 points with the LMIA you have now. Otherwise your employer needs to obtain a dual intent LMIA.

Sujal Shah

May 12, 2023
I have a restaurant business operated in several places in Alberta. My employee (currently actively working with me as a sales supervisor) has a profile in Sales and Marketing back home. However, his LMIA was rejected in Calgary due to negative labor impact. I already have a approved LMIA for restaurant operator. Can he use that LMIA for his PR approval in express entry which would be in Sales and Marketing (TEER NOC code would be same for his profile as well as his LMIA approval but the designation would be different) . Will he get necessary approved LMIA points

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a restaurant business operated in several places in Alberta. My employee (currently actively working with me as a sales supervisor) has a profile in Sales and Marketing back home. However, his LMIA was rejected in Calgary due to negative labor impact. I already have a approved LMIA for restaurant operator. Can he use that LMIA for his PR approval in express entry which would be in Sales and Marketing (TEER NOC code would be same for his profile as well as his LMIA approval but the designation would be different) . Will he get necessary approved LMIA points
Start a new discussion. Don't hijack someone else's thread.