+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living it out!!!

giku

Feb 17, 2010
Hi Friends,

I would really like to have your opinion on this. I plan to land in October with my kids. I know that winters could be terrible in canada, is it true that kids will be prone to ear infections during that season? My kids are aged 15 and 10. About winter clothing- I guess we will need special insulated clothing which we may not find in India- is it right? A couple of people have been scaring me out with regard to facing the bitter winter there..is it that bad?? To be on the safer side, is it better to get an insurance for myself and my kids for three months since our health cards may take time to arrive?
With regard to schools, while public schools are free, we will have to pay for books and stationary isn't it? How much would books cost..and could I carry some basic stationary from here. Kindly give your suggestions on this...

Thanks in advance............

Giku

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
i look forward for this information too....any response highly appreciated...thanks in advance..

giku

Feb 17, 2010
waiting4pr said:
If weere moving to Toronto winter isnt that bad even compare to western canada.In Toronto it would probably go to -10 c . But yes u need to take care of ur skin.Especially children has to take much care. u can get thermals n thick jackets in ur area if not in canada go to any sears,superstores,wallmart u can get one.i advise u go take strationery intially it hardly take much space.books would cost around 5-8$perunit.
Healthcards will arrive within 15 days after u apply at health centres. this is as far as my expereince goes i was in canada for 2 .5 yrs terrible winter effected ares in canada (Edmonton)

Thank you!!!

capriraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you really have to travel in winter this is what you need to do.

> Buy Inner thermal wears for the whole family which are easily available in India.

> Good Winter Jackets (Padded ofcourse) are a must.

> Make sure you all have good leather shoes( Not the pump shoes)

> You can find earcaps easily in India

> Woolen Jumpers, Hand Gloves, woolen socks and wollen mufflers(scarves) are a must.

> Health Insurance is a must for the first three months, do not avoid it!! In Ontario it will take three months for the health card to arrive.

> You don't need to purchase any books or notebooks for the children. remember education is free in Canada and the education system is very different than India. Follow the advice of the school, don't carry unneccessay weight with you.

Its not that bad. You only have to take care for the first few months. Always drink loads of tea and coffee and hot chicken soup for the kids and the family, always.

> In the begining keep your neck, ears covered.
> Never venture out without having your breakfast. Always carry some chocolates or biscuits(cookies)with you. They give you instant energy.

CHEERS!!!! HAPPY LANDING

giku

Feb 17, 2010
capriraj said:
If you really have to travel in winter this is what you need to do.

> Buy Inner thermal wears for the whole family which are easily available in India.

> Good Winter Jackets (Padded ofcourse) are a must.

> Make sure you all have good leather shoes( Not the pump shoes)

> You can find earcaps easily in India

> Woolen Jumpers, Hand Gloves, woolen socks and wollen mufflers(scarves) are a must.

> Health Insurance is a must for the first three months, do not avoid it!! In Ontario it will take three months for the health card to arrive.

> You don't need to purchase any books or notebooks for the children. remember education is free in Canada and the education system is very different than India. Follow the advice of the school, don't carry unneccessay weight with you.

Its not that bad. You only have to take care for the first few months. Always drink loads of tea and coffee and hot chicken soup for the kids and the family, always.

> In the begining keep your neck, ears covered.
> Never venture out without having your breakfast. Always carry some chocolates or biscuits(cookies)with you. They give you instant energy.

CHEERS!!!! HAPPY LANDING

Thanks a lot friend!!!!