+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Listening 8 band

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone,

Listening is turn out be a nightmare for me. Too much practice but still i cant score 8 band in listening. I am very much confident on rest of the skills, but this listening is just become a hurdle never ending problem for me. Major problem is i cant focus on listening. My brain cant concentrate on recordings, it diverts and later on i realise i missed the answer. Another problem is i keep listening to it and Try to figure out the answer but cant pick the right word to fill the blank or mark the mcq and the recording goes on :( :(

I dont know how to overcome with this, can anyone please answer me the best solution for it? I need help :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First, do not panic when you take the test.... practice a few minutes of deep breathing, if you must, to stay calm and focused.

When you get the Listening Paper, quickly go through all the questions to understand the topics.

Use the time in between questions (right through the test), NOT to review the answers you have just written.... but to read the next question/possible answers that will come up

Watch out for trick questions (typically in the last couple of sections) when the speaker will correct his/herself.... this is where you must be absolutely alert and focused.

If you miss an answer, do apply knowledge/guess an answer instead of leaving that answer blank.

And the best advice, is to practice, practice, practice as many listening tests as you can..... check your speed (including to transfer the final answers in the last 10 minutes), spellings, etc

All the best :)