+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Likelihood of interviews for CSQ [PEQ worker-stream]

Aug 23, 2021
Hello,

Did anyone hear of the recent trend and likelihood of MIDI requesting applicants to test their French proficiency through interviews?

I will be taking TEFAQ soon, and will be using TEFAQ's test result to prove my French proficiency.
Some say there's nothing to worry about the French interview, but its just painful to have another set of stage to pass something.
Would taking exam other than TEFAQ reduce chance of being interviews requested?

Thanks in advance for any comments

Last edited:

Mnt

Nov 18, 2021
Would taking exam other than TEFAQ reduce chance of being interviews requested?
No. Why would you think that?
If they invite you for an interview is because they need to clarify something. It might be for anything, not only your French.

Make sure to focus and give a final push before your exam so you get a nice score and have nothing to worry about.

Don't over think about it, everything will be alright.

Aug 23, 2021
No. Why would you think that?
If they invite you for an interview is because they need to clarify something. It might be for anything, not only your French.

Make sure to focus and give a final push before your exam so you get a nice score and have nothing to worry about.

Don't over think about it, everything will be alright.
It's because when I go through the timeline including this website and various of other forums, I hear so many stories of people saying that they were asked to be in the interview, even though they provided a valid French test results.

From what I see, the majority of interviews were given to verify the applicants' French proficiency. Am I wrong?

Mnt

Nov 18, 2021
It's because when I go through the timeline including this website and various of other forums, I hear so many stories of people saying that they were asked to be in the interview, even though they provided a valid French test results.

From what I see, the majority of interviews were given to verify the applicants' French proficiency. Am I wrong?
Like I said, the interview isn't necessarily to assess your French. I don't actually think they would invite anyone just for that, unless they doubt the exam results for any reason.
They would probably call for an interview to confirm your background, work experience, intention to settle here, etc. Of course the interview would be in French and you must understand it.

But honestly it's not easy to achieve the minimum required (CLB 7). If you already got that level, the interview should not be a concern to you.
It's not like you can get lucky on the test, specially on the oral part, you can't memorize the test as it's a dynamic conversation with the examiner.
Also your examiner is not evaluating you, he just records it and send to Paris where they will give you your marks.
You can't cheat or get lucky on that, you really need a good understanding of French to pass.

Focus on your exam and don't worry about the interview.

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024

They have certainly increased the incidence of interviews compared to the past. But it does not mean you will have one. And they can verify anything they want, the interview is conducted in French anyway