+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life at stake - What is going on - Slow procedural times - Rant and thoughts

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
Hello everyone,

What a beautiful forum this is..

Its a rough and bumpy ride - this attaining permanent residence in this country we all love called Canada - and through this forum we live through our own and each others' journeys of this process

For me the very first step was achieved when I became a CEC November 2014 applicant..

I don't think a day has passed when I didn't visit this website and checked the August 2014 thread before any other thread. Its been roughly a month and we're still stuck at August applicants getting AORs

There was a time not too long ago when AORs were received within a matter of weeks and how its all changed now

Recently the havoc created by the "CAP filled" by CIC's website was a very interesting and depressing episode - and now we have the Express Entry system which has left many saddened, in denial and on the edge

God forbid if something goes wrong with my application or any one else's (those who haven't received AORs yet) and the package is rejected/returned we'd be at the mercy of EE which seems very unforgiving and harsh at least the moment

How on earth would one get a LMIA as we all know its next to impossible for the employer to prove that they couldn't find a Canadian citizen if at all they even decide to initiate the process. Its a very skewed procedure or so it seems. I mention the LMIA as right now it seems like the 600 points alone are for the LMIA with a job..Well it will all get cleared up come Jan 1st 1200 pm.

The reason I thought of opening this thread/discussion is because how my life has kind of come to a halt..and maybe other who are in similar situations

My PGWP expires end of next month and the AOR no where to be seen - expected end of Feb I guess (4 months waiting time now it seems)

At certain times I've really tried to convince and distract my self from it all and just live the regular day to day life I have

But my mind keeps coming back

I can't plan anything in terms of my future now..

I have education plans that I can't decide on because I am not sure what will happen

I can't take vacation that I have plenty of from work because I am not sure of what my status will be - Haven't gone home in a two years and company has a policy of vacation expiring as it can't be carried over

I can't move from one address to another because of this is the address on my application and can't be changed until a file number is received or a new contract can't be signed due to uncertainty of my future

I don't even know if this is an appropriate forum where I am saying all this but I am..

WHAT IN THIS WORLD IS CIC DOING!?!!?!

Why so slow..

I have this amazing life here in Canada that I am not sure will remain as is just because of the slowness of receiving AOR

My mind just wouldn't get distracted

What has made them so slow..Will they speed up or will it only go downhill from here

I ask this question again! Why CIC why??

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Hopefully they start processing applications quicker and issuing AOR sooner.. did u apply for BOWP??

It sure is a cumbersome process as we are all here in this beautiful country to make our lives better.. and this time shall pass too.. keep your eyes on the long term goal and everything is going to be alright :)

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mesumrizvi said:
Hopefully they start processing applications quicker and issuing AOR sooner.. did u apply for BOWP??

It sure is a cumbersome process as we are all here in this beautiful country to make our lives better.. and this time shall pass too.. keep your eyes on the long term goal and everything is going to be alright :)
How would he/she apply BOWP without AOR?

Yeah, it was a hard trip for me as well as I lost my status for few months earlier this year. But at the end of it, I got my PR! It has been almost six months since then.

So try to distract yourself with plenty of activities and be positive. Sooner or later the good news will come...

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
retwant said:
How would he/she apply BOWP without AOR?

Yeah, it was a hard trip for me as well as I lost my status for few months earlier this year. But at the end of it, I got my PR! It has been almost six months since then.

So try to distract yourself with plenty of activities and be positive. Sooner or later the good news will come...
we can apply for BOWP without AOR.. just write an accompanying letter mentioning CEC PR is already applied and awaiting AOR..request them to check profile.. also forward AOR email.. i did the same and got my BOWP.. if an AOR is issued by the time they process BOWP application, the BOWP will be issued.
I consulted many lawyers and they all told me it cannot be done. Proposed suggestions to me which werent gonna work but would make them most money.. many thanks to this forum where people like us can get the correct guidance

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
What mesumrizvi said above is a good idea and few of us in here have done the same and received their BOWP. The OP has nothing to loose at this point, so might as well try for the same.

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
That is the plan - to apply for bowp right before the PGWP expires through paper application

Hopefully by then the credit card would have been charged

But the thing is there is a lot of uncertainty factor

Just in another thread there was a post that the BOWP got rejected due to absence to AOR

All that is to be done is hope for the best

I'd like to hear from people who are in the same situation and share their experience and probably frustration