+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Level of Education" for two degrees or more, 45 points missing

Melissa Gu

May 5, 2014
Hi all,

I entered the pool in January, and upon reviewing, I realized my CRS score was miscalculated by 45 points lower due to misalignment on education history.

I have a Bachelor degree from Western University (4-year honors business administration) from 2009-2012, and I obtained a post graduate certificate from Georgian College in 2013 (1 year research analyst program), both obtained in Canada so no need for ECA. These two should be qualified for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer. And I've filled in the "level of education" section for these two educations respectively, however the system didn't recognize that I have two and therefore didn't award me 128 points and the correct skill transferrability score. Should I have chosen "two or more certificates......." option under "level of education" for my second entry in order to claim the point?

It would be great if anyone who got similar experience but correct score to help clear this up.

p.s. I've sent an email to CIC through case specific webform, please let me know if you know the phone number where I can call them directly regarding this issue.

thanks everyone!

IamTheWalrus

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
I have a similar issue. I have my Bachelor's of Commerce from University of Mumbai which I got an ECA for and was considered equivalent to a 4 years Canadian Bachelor's degree plus I have two Post graduate certificates from a Canadian College, hence I do not need an ECA for them. I am assuming this should be considered as "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" for 128 points however I got only 120 points.

I also received only 38 points on Skill transferability factors where I should receive 75 if my education was evaluated at "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer". Is there a solution to this?

Melissa Gu

May 5, 2014
IamTheWalrus said:
I have a similar issue. I have my Bachelor's of Commerce from University of Mumbai which I got an ECA for and was considered equivalent to a 4 years Canadian Bachelor's degree plus I have two Post graduate certificates from a Canadian College, hence I do not need an ECA for them. I am assuming this should be considered as "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" for 128 points however I got only 120 points.

I also received only 38 points on Skill transferability factors where I should receive 75 if my education was evaluated at "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer". Is there a solution to this?
I suggest you to email or call CIC as well if you haven't already done so. And hopefully someone here could help answering our questions.

Melissa Gu

May 5, 2014
IamTheWalrus said:

Hi there, I consulted with my immigration consultant and he said I should have put in "two or more....." option under "level of education". I did that by deleting the current entries, exited out of the form, and went back in to redo it. I think I had that initial bug when updating because the EE online forms for that section actually updated with more details since I first filled in (early Jan), and it didn't recognize my update upon existing entry because of that reason. Now it's all updated, still processing the update so not sure if the points have been added on. Hopefully this helps for your case.