+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of reference from previous employer for PR

naveen281188

Jan 2, 2018
Currently applying for Canada PR and have got the ITA. I need to submit my letter of reference from my previous employer. I worked as a management trainee in my previous company, period of 4 months. Will a relieving order and contract be sufficient?

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
HI,
NO. It has to be a properly-phrased letter from your former employer. IRCC could call the employer to verify the letter, hence, the requirement. I would suggest contacting your former employer, wishing him a great new year, and request him for the letter.

naveen281188

Jan 2, 2018
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I have 3 years of experience with 2.8 yrs with current employer and 4 months with my previous employer. The position in my previous company was a trainee position and therefore it was more of learning, and job responsibilities were not defined at that stage.

The contract and the relieving order states my position, date of joining and relieving, salary, all on a company letter head with my superior officers sign and seal with all the contact information mentioned.

However, the document does not state only the no of hours per week and job responsibility (Also, it does not fall under the NOC i am applying for).

Regarding, the letter from my current employer. I will get it with all the info required.

Do you still feel I need to get one? as I think it might be a hassle.

Regards
Naveen