+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation - Optional Documents

exceedor12

Jun 2, 2015
Hey Everybody,

I have receive an ITA and now on the final stages of Uploading my documents.

Can you please help me with what documents are required to be uploaded under the Title Optional Documents - Letter of Explanation.

I have a relative in Canada, Can I attach evidence of relationship in that Section since there is no section asking for proof of relative.

Please Help!!

Regards,
I'm Blank

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is exactly as it is stated - Optional Documents.

You can upload whatever you would like, that you think may help your case, or explain something unique about your application that does not fit under the other category. You can also leave it blank if you have nothing valuable to add.

But curiously, do you not have a section titled "Proof of Relationship (required)" . That should be where you would upload proof of your relatives status in Canada (PR Card, Citizenship document, work permit, study permit, ect.)

Somewhere in the application it asks you if you have any relative(s) in Canada, and if you answered yes to this question, the section for "Proof of Relationship" should be visible in your document checklist.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
exceedor12 said:
Hey Everybody,

I have receive an ITA and now on the final stages of Uploading my documents.

Can you please help me with what documents are required to be uploaded under the Title Optional Documents - Letter of Explanation.

I have a relative in Canada, Can I attach evidence of relationship in that Section since there is no section asking for proof of relative.

Please Help!!

Regards,
I'm Blank
What relation is the person to you?
If they meet following requirements:
"Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a
-- parent,
-- grandparent,
-- child,
-- grandchild,
-- child of a parent (sibling),
-- child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
-- grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident."

Then you should revisit the answers you entered. As Dynonbel stated, if you answered the question about relatives in Canada correctly, then an upload section titled "Proof of Relationship (Required) would be present in your document checklist.

exceedor12

Jun 2, 2015
Dynonobel said:
It is exactly as it is stated - Optional Documents.

You can upload whatever you would like, that you think may help your case, or explain something unique about your application that does not fit under the other category. You can also leave it blank if you have nothing valuable to add.

But curiously, do you not have a section titled "Proof of Relationship (required)" . That should be where you would upload proof of your relatives status in Canada (PR Card, Citizenship document, work permit, study permit, ect.)

Somewhere in the application it asks you if you have any relative(s) in Canada, and if you answered yes to this question, the section for "Proof of Relationship" should be visible in your document checklist.
Hi, Thanks for your reply, Well me being the secondary application did mention about relatives however there was no tabs to upload relative documents so I just added it to the Optional documents.

Lets hope for the Best and hope that the Assessment Passes.

saravana85

Nov 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have received the PR invitation under the Canadian Experience Class and I am in the process of uploading the necessary documents. I have concern about the difference in my first name between my educational documents and my passport. My first name in all my educational documents are listed as 'Saravana kumar' but in my passport and work permit my first name is listed as 'Saravanakumar' [without the space between Saravana and kumar]. I have a few questions regarding this,

1. First do I really need to mention this difference in the Letter of explanation?
2. If I need to mention do I need to get any affidavit or notary for that?

I am really confused. Can you all please give me suggestion how to proceed further?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Saravanakumar

Jayaraman

Jun 11, 2019
Yes, you have to prepare the LOE to say that all the names are mean the same person, and get it notarized.