+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

letter of employment and offer of employment (required)

adamodef

Feb 29, 2016
Hi Everyone ,

I having confused this both type of letter. First of all , I applying for PR via Canadian Experience class with positive LMIA.
I got a letter from my current Canadian employer but I think need to upload under Employment records.
Shall I upload copy of my work permit under letter of employment and offer of employment ??

Pls help !!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
adamodef said:
Hi Everyone ,

I having confused this both type of letter. First of all , I applying for PR via Canadian Experience class with positive LMIA.
I got a letter from my current Canadian employer but I think need to upload under Employment records.
Shall I upload copy of my work permit under letter of employment and offer of employment ??
If you are claiming that you have a valid job offer, you need more than the LMIA - you also need a written offer of (future) permanent, full-time employment, contingent upon your obtaining permanent resident status. You need to upload the job offer letter.

This is different from a letter of employment or reference letter, which attests to the work experience you already have (in the past).

adamodef

Feb 29, 2016
Hi, so you mean I need a job offer from my current employer which tells that I will work at that company in the future as a permanent resident. And what else supposed to contains this offer of employment letter than ?

And where Do I need to upload my work permit than ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
adamodef said:
Hi, so you mean I need a job offer from my current employer which tells that I will work at that company in the future as a permanent resident. And what else supposed to contains this offer of employment letter than ?

Yes, you need a written offer of full-time, non-seasonal, permanent employment contingent upon receiving permanent resident status. It needs to include all the same details (job title, salary/wage +benefits) etc, even if it is just continuing what you are already doing.