+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of authorization for main applicant

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Is letter of authorization needed for main closed work permit applicant? I am main applicant and got only letter of introduction but not letter of authorization. My spouse got both and has open work permit.

thanks

Rkcad2021

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Is letter of authorization needed for main closed work permit applicant? I am main applicant and got only letter of introduction but not letter of authorization. My spouse got both and has open work permit.

thanks
no letter of authorization is not needed for closed work permit although you need to take your offer letter or employment proof with you to convince that you will work in Canada ..

i have one question for you did your spouse automatically got an authorisation letter or did you apply for the same ? If you applied how much time did it take ?

I am in the same boat got my CWP and my wife’s OWP this month. I want to travel in Jan to Canada but lawyers told need to apply for authorisation letter. I have applied for it yesterday only.

Reactions: dthap

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
no letter of authorization is not needed for closed work permit although you need to take your offer letter or employment proof with you to convince that you will work in Canada ..

i have one question for you did your spouse automatically got an authorisation letter or did you apply for the same ? If you applied how much time did it take ?

I am in the same boat got my CWP and my wife’s OWP this month. I want to travel in Jan to Canada but lawyers told need to apply for authorisation letter. I have applied for it yesterday only.
My spouse got one automatically when we sent passports for stamp. We didn’t applied for it. They sent the authorization letter for her only as hard copy and in the GCkey online too. I was wondering if I would need one too.

Do you know what I can take as employment proof besides the offer of employment letter?

Thanks

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
My spouse got one automatically when we sent passports for stamp. We didn’t applied for it. They sent the authorization letter for her only as hard copy and in the GCkey online too. I was wondering if I would need one too.

Do you know what I can take as employment proof besides the offer of employment letter?

Thanks
Offer of employment letter is good enough

Reactions: dthap