+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let raise our concerns regarding PGWP candidtaes for CEC having no chance

Alimoh

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Everyone,

I agree with everyone in this forum that PGWP have been royaly screwed by the new express entry scoring system. But complaining here won't do us any good. We need to raise our concerns to the immigration minister's office so he is aware of our concerns. I am posting below his offices contact information, lets all communicate our concerns to him and lets do it in a very respectful way.

Contact information

Minister @ cic.gc.ca
The Honourable Chris Alexander, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Telephone: 613-954-1064
Fax: 613-952-5533

Follow Minister Alexander on Twitter @ MinChrisA.

Let us all e-mail him and tweet aswell. With enough voices, he is bound take notice.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Alimoh said:
Everyone,

I agree with everyone in this forum that PGWP have been royaly screwed by the new express entry scoring system. But complaining here won't do us any good. We need to raise our concerns to the immigration minister's office so he is aware of our concerns. I am posting below his offices contact information, lets all communicate our concerns to him and lets do it in a very respectful way.

Contact information

Minister @ cic.gc.ca
The Honourable Chris Alexander, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Telephone: 613-954-1064
Fax: 613-952-5533

Follow Minister Alexander on Twitter @ MinChrisA.

Let us all e-mail him and tweet aswell. With enough voices, he is bound take notice.
done

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
I am very confused. Am i missing something ? What has happened with respect to PGWP and express entry that is unusual in the past week?

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
itsns said:
I am very confused. Am i missing something ? What has happened with respect to PGWP and express entry that is unusual in the past week?
Nothing happened really, just wild panic at this point. The first draw was done at a points where the cutoff only drew LMIA/PNP applicants. However it was only the first draw and it was widely expected that the first couple draws will be made largely from that pool as it is done in order of priority. The average point cutoff will only be clear until a couple of months as this is a new program.

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
seton said:
Nothing happened really, just wild panic at this point. The first draw was done at a points where the cutoff only drew LMIA/PNP applicants. However it was only the first draw and it was widely expected that the first couple draws will be made largely from that pool as it is done in order of priority. The average point cutoff will only be clear until a couple of months as this is a new program.
OMG what a freak out ! I was losing my mind trying to figure out what I am missing. Yeah well how does it even mean we are screwed over ! it simply means that they have enuf profiles with that high a score to process for the first month..

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
itsns said:
OMG what a freak out ! I was losing my mind trying to figure out what I am missing. Yeah well how does it even mean we are screwed over ! it simply means that they have enuf profiles with that high a score to process for the first month..
Exactly, over time the minimum score is bound to drop, since it's no easier for employers to obtain LMIA etc.

Say a student is soon to graduate and will be obtaining a PGWP. They can start working, complete an EE profile and then add to it when they improve language scores, gain more work experience etc. within say 2 years I'd expect their profile may be drawn even without an LMIA, if not their employer can look into obtaining one for them or they can look into PNP. They could end up with a year left on their existing PGWP while they have a PR application in process and they'll be able to seamlessly transition into PR.

The unlucky ones are people who're nearing the end of their PGWP or IEC OWP, since their may be little chance of an ITA before their current work permit ends and even then they'd need to submit a PR application and receive an AOR all before their permit ends before they can get a BOWP.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

doubleym said:
Exactly, over time the minimum score is bound to drop, since it's no easier for employers to obtain LMIA etc.

Say a student is soon to graduate and will be obtaining a PGWP. They can start working, complete an EE profile and then add to it when they improve language scores, gain more work experience etc. within say 2 years I'd expect their profile may be drawn even without an LMIA, if not their employer can look into obtaining one for them or they can look into PNP. They could end up with a year left on their existing PGWP while they have a PR application in process and they'll be able to seamlessly transition into PR.

The unlucky ones are people who're nearing the end of their PGWP or IEC OWP, since their may be little chance of an ITA before their current work permit ends and even then they'd need to submit a PR application and receive an AOR all before their permit ends before they can get a BOWP.
1. Nice theory, but they probably wouldn't meet the 67 point threshold to be eligible, and since the profile is only valid for a year.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. Nice theory, but they probably wouldn't meet the 67 point threshold to be eligible, and since the profile is only valid for a year.
EE profile can be renewed after that one year period.