+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LEON,PPM and others please advise

ceccanada

Jul 29, 2011
hello everyone im finding this forum very helpfull and i would like to thank averyone and wish a good luck to all applicants :).

as im ghatering all documents and preparing my application now to be send under the FSW category but i have a question and a doubt that i want to clarify please.

one of my reference letters(which is the main one) from a past employer doesnt include my duties but it shows my job title,im supporting it with copies of my record of employment,contract and work permit which all shows my job title,i can also attach some pay stubs as a proof that i have been working for that company.
the question is:will this be enough for the immigration officer since its hard for me to get a reference letter that include my duties from that company now or will i get rejected because of this issue?
please seniors and others kindly advice and share your experience.
gladly appreciate any comments.

yajumba

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2008
Doc's Request.
08-09-2010
AOR Received.
10-10-2008
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
March 2009
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
LANDED..........
22-10-2011
Hey

It would be better if you can get a reference letter from your past employer. Otherwise you have to send a letter showing your efforts to get that letter. Like if you try sending them e mails and they never responded or they denied to write a letter from you. Now a days visa officer are really strict about documents. So it is advisable not to leave any gaps. Yes contract copy and paytubbs are fine. But they are not exactly the replacement of reference letter. This is my opinion as I have suffered from Seattle office. My first letter, which I sent in with my original application was not upto the mark. But fortunately for me that they requested updated letter. But u know why to take chances.

Hope this helps..

Yaju

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It is always JOB DUTIES over title. If you provide your boss with a copy of the instruction guide pertaining to reference letters and the duties for your NOC it will be helpful. Try as hard as you can to provide EXACTLY what CIO asks for the first time around. Good Luck.