Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Hi Seniors. Need your valuable advise.

My spouse has done master's in islamic studies from University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan A well reputed and recognized Universty in Pakistan.

But my spouse got this mater's degree as a private candidate, i mean, she didn't attend any class in the universty. Rather, she had been studying at her home.

My Question is:
Can i still claim adapatbility marks against her education?. As I am confused that someone at this forum was voicing that immigration department of canada does not give marks against the education attained as a private candidate. Is it true?

So, seniors, please confirm that education, attained as a private candidate is considered by CIC for points or not?

Please advice....

MH

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Re: Education as private candidate?

Seniors please clarify...........

MH

Sep 15, 2009
Re: Education as private candidate?

manzoorhussain said:

One can not get full adaptability marks for private study.

You need to arrange a certificate from the university consisting a line ' That she has attended 15 hour classes/ week'.

Once you arrange this, you will be getting full adapatbility marks.

Normally universities are charging $100/ copy.

Regards,
Pavittar Sharma.

claim adapatbility marks

My spouse has done master's in islamic studies from University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan A well reputed and recognized Universty in Pakistan.

But my spouse got this mater's degree as a private candidate, i mean, she didn't attend any class in the universty. Rather, she had been studying at her home.

My Question is:
Can i still claim adapatbility marks against her education?. As I am confused that someone at this forum was voicing that immigration department of canada does not give marks against the education attained as a private candidate. Is it true?

So, seniors, please confirm that education, attained as a private candidate is considered by CIC for points or not?

Please advice....

MH

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Seniors please.....................

Confussion is getting increased day by day. Please clarify the points of education attained from recognized university as a private candidate can be claimed or not?

MH

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
bluepine said:
As far as its from a recognized university can claim for adaptability points.

Seniors please spare some time and help me in this regard........

MH

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
manzoorhussain said:

My Question is:

Please advice....

MH

Seniors...............Please comment on this thread.

MH

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did she get the masters by sitting for all the tests that other full-time students do? Can she get a trascripts that shows her test performance over the duration of the masters program? If both answers are yes I don't see how she won't be granted the education points.

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
If the degree certificate and marksheets do not mention that her education was done through distance learning mode, then u got nothing further to worry about.

If they mention that it is done through distance learning mode, u will have to get a letter from the university mentioning the FTE of the degree. Only difference is that they will closely verify your wife's credentials.

Below is an excerpt from OP6

"A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected."

manzoorhussain

Mar 7, 2009
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
12-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Hi Dear Windttunnel...

windtunnel said:
If the degree certificate and marksheets do not mention that her education was done through distance learning mode, then u got nothing further to worry about.

If they mention that it is done through distance learning mode, u will have to get a letter from the university mentioning the FTE of the degree. Only difference is that they will closely verify your wife's credentials.

Below is an excerpt from OP6

"A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected."
I really appreciate the way you have been guiding us at this forum. And, i personally, proud of you.
Master's and Bacelor's level Degrees in my home country, are not different for regular and private candidtaes. Degrees are same for both private and regular students, authenticity is the same, validity is the same, course duratiion is the same. The only differenc is: " Regular students are bound to attend classes in universty or college; wheras, private candidates do no have such bindings. They can go anywhere for course preparation.

So, after getting your input, i guess, not to worry of having education as private candiadte.

Thanx... again

MH

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
Dear Manzoor, thanks so much for your comment.

I like to read instructions. Also I like to try and help others. But I'm also worried that accidentally I might end up misguiding somebody, which may cause lifelong dreams to shatter. So as much as possible pls try not to take my comments as authoritative. Double checking with EG7 and OP6 should verify most of the comments I guess.