+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lengthy Background Check Duration

Babak_L

Aug 23, 2024
I got my invitation to apply under CEC on October 2, 2023, and submitted all my documents on Oct 31, 2023.

I passed the medical exam on January 27, 2024, and submitted my biometrics on February 5, 2024.

My home country is Iran and military service for men above 18 is mandatory in order to receive a passport. On Feb 19, 2024, I was asked to submit details about my military service which I did the next day. The IRCC PR tracker said that my background check, which I understand is the last and longest stage of PR, started on Mar 19, 2024.
Ever since Mar 19th, my PR tracker has been stuck in this status(6 months so far):

I have never left Canada since my arrival in 2019 and have never been to another country before that for more than 1 week.
Every time I call IRCC they say it is normal, my case is being processed without problems and I should wait.

I've known people with complicated cases whose background check was done in 4-5 months.
Since I failed to find any channels of communication with the anonymous third-party company that is doing background checks for IRCC, I'd appreciate your opinion or insight on my situation. How much longer approximately do you think I'll have to wait?