+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legally separated or Married? No paper work

ed-K

Mar 11, 2010
Please help on my friend's case:

She is legally separated from her husband for more than 2 years. She's on a work permit in Canada, he's in Korea.
She's about to apply for her PR, and she does not know if she has to select "legally separated" or "married" in the new IMM0008 Generic.

He has no intention to join her, and she has no intention to include him in the application. They will be going through divorce, but she tells me he's not too co-operative about the whole PR process she'll go through.

Question:
1. If he's not co-operative about the process (signing letters, declaration, etc.), will this be a major obstacle in her PR application?
2. Should she tick "legally separated" or "married" in the form? There's really no paperwork to prove her "legal separation".

Please help. Thank you in advance.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ed-K said:

She is legally separated from her husband for more than 2 years. She's on a work permit in Canada, he's in Korea.
She's about to apply for her PR, and she does not know if she has to select "legally separated" or "married" in the new IMM0008 Generic.

He has no intention to join her, and she has no intention to include him in the application. They will be going through divorce, but she tells me he's not too co-operative about the whole PR process she'll go through.

Question:
1. If he's not co-operative about the process (signing letters, declaration, etc.), will this be a major obstacle in her PR application?
2. Should she tick "legally separated" or "married" in the form? There's really no paperwork to prove her "legal separation".

In that case she remains 'married'.

gracy016

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-13
Doc's Request.
12-30-13 (RPRF & Biodata)
AOR Received.
04-30-13
Med's Request
12-31-13
Med's Done....
01-08-14
Passport Req..
02-21-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-28-14
LANDED..........
03-09-14
ed-K said:

Question:

Hi! I'm just wondering what happened to your friend's application? I have the same situation too and I don't know what to do with my status. THanks..

Centaur

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Sent you a private.

gracy016 said:
Hi! I'm just wondering what happened to your friend's application? I have the same situation too and I don't know what to do with my status. THanks..

johanness

Oct 12, 2012
I have the same situation. I should have applied for PR a year ago but this situation prevented me to. May I know what happened to your application please. and can you give me some advice of how to do this.

Oops10982

Apr 28, 2024

Question:

Hi, what is the result of your case? Did your friend choose status "legally separated" and get PR status???