+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal Status-Visitor Record

Antu59

Dec 22, 2022
Dear Altruists, I need some help from you.

My PGWP will expire on January 11th, 2024. I want to extend my stay as a visitor in Canada even after my current status. So, my questions are:

1. Can I apply for a visitor record now as IRCC has suggested everyone to apply at least 30 days before anyone's current status expires?

2. While I was checking the document checklist for a visitor record, I did see a form of TRV (IMM 5257). Although the TRV (IMM 5257) form is optional, Can I fill that up to get my TRV approval along with the visitor record so that I can travel back and forth between Canada?

3. I am going to apply with my current passport. However, I will apply for the renewal of my current passport. Can I raise a Webform to update my new passport information while my visitor visa application is in progress?

4. My US tourist visa interview will be on 26th February 2024. I applied for the US tourist while I was on PGWP, however, I will be on a Visitor status after 11th January 2024. Will it be a problem for me to face a US tourist visa interview considering the fact I will have no job then? Although I have enough funding to back myself.

Thank you so much!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. Yes. That’s what “at least 30 days” means.

3. You can but not necessary.

4. Yes, not having a job or the status to work in Canada might be a concern for your US visa approval. Only answer what you are asked and answer honestly.