+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legal question

Zaloot

Jul 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

My friend come to Canada just yesterday by illegally way ( crossing border ) so he call me before two days about which way he have to use and etc ..

so as per him he delete every thing such as Texts and WhatsApp but except the call history .. and in the border I'm sure they saw the calls history ..

So is there any thing will be happen to me ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if CBSA or IRCC calls any of the Canadian numbers on his phone to see who he was talking to. I doubt there will be any repercussion, but you really should keep in mind if you have lots of friends entering Canada illegally, and your name/number shows up a lot on their phones, it could lead to further investigation. Personally, I would avoid getting involved in aiding people entering Canada illegally (including offering advice).....I wouldn't want to be under suspicion of aiding, what is technically a crime, or worse, accused of human smuggling (not that I think it would be prosecutable).

And remember, there is nothing in the world of electronic communication that is truly deleted!