+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Left airport without permit

c4es4r

Jun 17, 2024
Hi,

A little background,
Me and my wife have been in Canada for almost 3 years.
My wife is the study permit holder, she is holding a Post-graduate work permit right now.
We decided to get the kids from the Philippines while we are still on Post-graduate work permit status.
They got approved as student minors and have their visas stamped on their passports.

The problem,
When they came last June 10, 2024 via Pearson international airport YYZ.
My wife was pointed directly to the exit by I guess was immigration officers.
So my wife was thinking that they were already done with everything, thinking that the process for the kids would be different from ours when we first arrived in Canada.
Not knowing that the kids need their study permits as well, we are kind of lost on what to do next on how to receive those permits for the kids.

Anyone can help us with this issue of ours? would really appreciate it.
We were thinking if we can go back to the airport and ask the permits there but since we live in niagara falls. Im wondering if there is another option for us that we can do.
Thank you in advance for your help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

A little background,
Me and my wife have been in Canada for almost 3 years.
My wife is the study permit holder, she is holding a Post-graduate work permit right now.
We decided to get the kids from the Philippines while we are still on Post-graduate work permit status.
They got approved as student minors and have their visas stamped on their passports.

The problem,
When they came last June 10, 2024 via Pearson international airport YYZ.
My wife was pointed directly to the exit by I guess was immigration officers.
So my wife was thinking that they were already done with everything, thinking that the process for the kids would be different from ours when we first arrived in Canada.
Not knowing that the kids need their study permits as well, we are kind of lost on what to do next on how to receive those permits for the kids.

Anyone can help us with this issue of ours? would really appreciate it.
We were thinking if we can go back to the airport and ask the permits there but since we live in niagara falls. Im wondering if there is another option for us that we can do.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Would see if you can get their passport stamped at the land border. Be aware there are limited hours for flagpoling and would suggest showing up even before operating hours because there may be a specific amount of applications processed that day. Bring copies of your WPs, proof of employment, funds, etc. so you have all your documentation if needed.

Reactions: c4es4r

c4es4r

Jun 17, 2024
Would see if you can get their passport stamped at the land border. Be aware there are limited hours for flagpoling and would suggest showing up even before operating hours because there may be a specific amount of applications processed that day. Bring copies of your WPs, proof of employment, funds, etc. so you have all your documentation if needed.
Thank you for the response. We will be going to fort erie's cbsa and see if we can get the kid's study permits. We asked an immigration firm and we were advised to reapply another study permit for the kids. We were thinking if that would be the best way to solve this. it might take months for the result to get and worst, denied. so we will try to do flagpoling and see where it would take us. will surely update here.

Thank you