+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

leaving Canada while your PR application is in process

Nuray Abd

May 28, 2021
Hi everyone. I've recently received an ITA under CEC Inland but didn't submit my profile yet. My question is, can I submit my profile and go back home for couple weeks (due to emergency) or would you recommend to submit my application after I come back to Canada (since I still have time until the end of July) ? Did anyone have any issues with leaving Canada while your PR application is in process?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
This has been asked and answered multiple times already.

if you still have a valid TRV and study/work permit then and are exempt from travel restrictions, you can still return to Canada.

Nuray Abd

May 28, 2021
This has been asked and answered multiple times already.

if you still have a valid TRV and study/work permit then and are exempt from travel restrictions, you can still return to Canada.
Thank you for your response but my question is not whether I'll be able to return to Canada. I'm asking if it's okay to travel while you have CEC Inland application in process or do you have to be in Canada until your application is approved? Or should I wait until I come back to Canada and actually will be "in land"

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you for your response but my question is not whether I'll be able to return to Canada. I'm asking if it's okay to travel while you have CEC Inland application in process or do you have to be in Canada until your application is approved? Or should I wait until I come back to Canada and actually will be "in land"
You can still travel outside. There’s no restriction. The only complication is if you got approved while outside of Canada. You need to return in order to finish your landing formalities as you’re still considered inland based on your PR application.

be careful though, there are some applicants in this forum that are already approved and ready to be issued their COPRs but are stuck in India due to the travel ban. So check the country you’re traveling to and make sure you’d be able to come back as soon as you get approved as IRCC will ask you one way or another if you’re still in Canada before they issue your COPR.