+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while waiting for ITA/PR

irena103

Jun 18, 2023
I am currently on a PGWP that expires November 2024. I have been in the pool since November 2023, waiting for ITA with CRS 474.

I am hoping to return to my home country for a one year education program.

1. If I get my ITA and submit my PR application and it gets approved when I am outside Canada, what are next steps to return to Canada to retrieve PR?

2. What happens if I don’t get my ITA before I leave Canada? Should I renew my spot in the pool?

Thank you.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
To Answer your question. 1) Typically being outside of Canada is not an issue. It becomes an issue depending on the stream you applied through and received the ITA. If you are doing CEC there is no issue if you get ITA while outside. Once you get ITA you will declare that you are outside of Canada and the processing will adjust accordingly. That usually affects the issuing of COPR, meaning, an embassy would process your COPR and issue a PR visa for landing in Canada. Once you declare correctly the process is straight forward. 2) If you don't get ITA and your profile expires, you will need to submit another one into the pool. Otherwise, declare that you are outside and the process will adjust after ITA.