+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada while pending BOWP Approval

bucketmonk1

Jul 17, 2023
Hello Guys,

I am an inland applicant who received an Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) in May 2023, with my Permanent Residency (PR) currently in process.

Given that my Work Permit is set to expire at the end of January 2024, and I plan to travel outside of Canada in December 2023, I applied for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) in July 2023.
  1. If I do not receive my BOWP before my departure, and my PR application is still pending, what are my potential courses of action upon returning?
  2. Can I safely re-enter Canada before the expiration of my current work permit without any complications?
  3. If my BOWP gets approved prior to my departure, will I face any issues re-entering Canada?
Thank you for your guidance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello Guys,

I am an inland applicant who received an Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) in May 2023, with my Permanent Residency (PR) currently in process.

Given that my Work Permit is set to expire at the end of January 2024, and I plan to travel outside of Canada in December 2023, I applied for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) in July 2023.
  1. If I do not receive my BOWP before my departure, and my PR application is still pending, what are my potential courses of action upon returning? Wait for BOWP , then apply TRV to travel back
  2. Can I safely re-enter Canada before the expiration of my current work permit without any complications?Same as 1
  3. If my BOWP gets approved prior to my departure, will I face any issues re-entering Canada? Same as 1
Thank you for your guidance.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay