+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave Canada after submitting my PR application till its granted?

zsy54531

Nov 27, 2013
Hello everyone, thanks in advance for your note, I am seeking for some advice from you guys!

I am under BC PNP-International Post-Graduate Student stream. After nominated by BC I received the PNP certificate.
Now i am wondering, after i apply my PR to the Sydney office in NS(I haven't do it yet), can I return to my home country (China) to work till the PR is granted (considering everything else is smoothly done)? And then when CIC asked me to send the passport I can send it to them to get the PR visa and COPR and come to Canada?

I understand it takes about 12-15 months to proceed my application, does the whole process require me to enter Canada again within the processing period?

Does this plan work? I will be landing in Canada as a PR by then, so should be no risk of denial my entry, correct?

Anyone who can share their knowledge on this is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zsy54531 said:
Hello everyone, thanks in advance for your note, I am seeking for some advice from you guys!

I am under BC PNP-International Post-Graduate Student stream. After nominated by BC I received the PNP certificate.
Now i am wondering, after i apply my PR to the Sydney office in NS(I haven't do it yet), can I return to my home country (China) to work till the PR is granted (considering everything else is smoothly done)? And then when CIC asked me to send the passport I can send it to them to get the PR visa and COPR and come to Canada?

I understand it takes about 12-15 months to proceed my application, does the whole process require me to enter Canada again within the processing period?

Does this plan work? I will be landing in Canada as a PR by then, so should be no risk of denial my entry, correct?

Anyone who can share their knowledge on this is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
You can do this if you like... however it does come with certain risks.
1. If CIC is not satisfied with your documents - they might ask you for an additional one -they might call you on your Canadian phone or e-mail ( you can never be sure). They might also return your application if it is incomplete and you will never know if you are not in the country.

2. CIC will ask you to send medical results from a registered doctor, make sure you can get this done in China (im sure you can, but find out where and how).

3. If necessary they might call you for an interview - which since you had an application to Ottawa will happen in Canada.

4. I am not sure about this but BC PNP - wants you to live in BC - I am not sure if this applies for PR applicants.

5. Just so you know, although it says 16 -17 months on CIC website, a lot of people were able to get it in 7-10 months.

Finally its upto you. If you do decide to go back to china - make sure your visa office is an office in china and not CPP-ottawa. That way you can complete the process in China.
Also, if your visa office is CPP-Ottawa - you will have to send passport to canada - which I am pretty sure is not allowed. It is very difficult to courier passports out of country of origin. ( in india you cant send you passport to another country while you are in india)
Another thing - even if you manage to send your passport to Canada - CIC will not send the passport out of Canada.

Some of these things can be resolved if you choose a Visa Office in china for immigration i think.

zsy54531

Nov 27, 2013
Thanks so much Vermanaman, your answer has been very informative and insightful.

So regarding the visa office issue, do I get to choose which visa office to process my application? I see there is a column in the IMM0008 Form for you to state your visa office request, so will CIC send my application to China if I state: Hong Kong, China on it? Or there is anything else i need to do to ensure this matter?

Really appreciate it Vermanaman, wish you all the best for your process as well!

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zsy54531 said:
Thanks so much Vermanaman, your answer has been very informative and insightful.

So regarding the visa office issue, do I get to choose which visa office to process my application? I see there is a column in the IMM0008 Form for you to state your visa office request, so will CIC send my application to China if I state: Hong Kong, China on it? Or there is anything else i need to do to ensure this matter?

Really appreciate it Vermanaman, wish you all the best for your process as well!
You cannot ensure this...you can only request the HK office...the final decision remains with CIO-Nova scotia - they decide where to send the application.

zsy54531

Nov 27, 2013
vermanaman said:
You cannot ensure this...you can only request the HK office...the final decision remains with CIO-Nova scotia - they decide where to send the application.
Thanks mate. Oh so when I guess if i am in China and they send my application to Ottawa as my VO then I am screwed.....
Hope they can realize this and identify Beijing or HK as my VO.
i guess in this case it makes more sense for me to apply in China to begin with so they know there is no way for my case to be processed in Ottawa. Am I correct?

Cheers,