+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leasing a Car on work permit while waiting for PR appl processing

afaz

Nov 17, 2014
Hi all,

So me and my husband are in Canada on WP, and filed for PR under CEC 27/12/2013. Since then we have submitted police checks, had our medicals and paid the RPRF 2 mths ago. With a processing time of 13 mths for applications from within Canada, I am hoping to get a response by Feb 2015.

Now I am expecting a baby in early Feb as well and really NEED to have a bigger car/van to accommodate all our family. When I try to lease one, I get asked to show some proof that I've been approved in principle etc. I guess they won't take the WP as it expires in mid-2016, and leasing a car for that short of a time makes the monthly payments huge.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does the initial email where they say "your application is deemed complete and is in processing" qualify to get the car lease?

Will appreciate any help and tips!

Thanks much!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afaz said:
Hi all,

So me and my husband are in Canada on WP, and filed for PR under CEC 27/12/2013. Since then we have submitted police checks, had our medicals and paid the RPRF 2 mths ago. With a processing time of 13 mths for applications from within Canada, I am hoping to get a response by Feb 2015.

Now I am expecting a baby in early Feb as well and really NEED to have a bigger car/van to accommodate all our family. When I try to lease one, I get asked to show some proof that I've been approved in principle etc. I guess they won't take the WP as it expires in mid-2016, and leasing a car for that short of a time makes the monthly payments huge.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Does the initial email where they say "your application is deemed complete and is in processing" qualify to get the car lease?

Will appreciate any help and tips!

Thanks much!
The decision to approve a loan is partially subjective, it is in the loans officer's hands. But if they are asking you to show them that you have been approved in principle then I think the email should do.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Why don't you buy one? Family cars, like station wagons or vans are cheap. $2000 buys you one. Just as an example:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/search/cto?query=minivan&hasPic=1&maxAsk=2000