+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lawyer ditched me!

canimm

Mar 22, 2009
Hi,

I hooked up with a Lawyer 3 year back for canadian immigration, once I paid all my fee along with the application fee, he just vanished!! recently he appeared all of a sudden and by chance or to make an escaping statement gave an indication that my file is under process, about which I don't trust him anymore, I can specify the reasons sometime later.

Now I am planning to start my own process but here I have a problem.. If he is true to indicate that my file is under process, than how do I really know that my file is under process without a file number? FYI.. this guy took fee and application fee in the form of drafts from me back in early 2006, since than he doesn't reply to my mails or even answer my phone.

So moving... my questions are..

> If at all my file is under process is there a way to know it, without his assistance?
> If I initiate this procedure again by sending a new application form, and incidentally my file is already under process, lets say if at all I believe his words, what will happen to my previous file?
>Is it right to start for a new file again? I am looking for some sincere suggestions.

Basically I intend to start on my own now.. because I can't keep on waiting by trusting such thugs!!

Regards,
canimm

canimm

Mar 22, 2009
let me add one more to the list..

> Is there anyway to check with the Canadian immigration office about the details about my file without my lawyers assistance? Pls note that I haven't received any file number yet and its almost 40 months since I payed and signed up with the lawyer.

Anyone, pls suggest, I'm in dire need of suggestions.

Regards,
canimm

chow

Sep 23, 2008
canimm said:
let me add one more to the list..

> Is there anyway to check with the Canadian immigration office about the details about my file without my lawyers assistance? Pls note that I haven't received any file number yet and its almost 40 months since I payed and signed up with the lawyer.

Anyone, pls suggest, I'm in dire need of suggestions.

Regards,
canimm
You can cancel your representative services by sending the completed "IMM5476E" form to CIC.

canimm

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks a lot, now, Instead of cancelling..

>Is there anyway I can check the status of my file?
> And once I come to know about the file then after cancelling my representative's services can I take the file directly under me or change the representative to another one?
>Even for cancelling I think we require our file number which was I don't even know? In this case how can I cancel a representative's services?

Waiting for a reply..

Regards,
canimm

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Did you get a chance to look at the form?
canimm said:

>Is there anyway I can check the status of my file? --Without file number(B number) You CAN NOT----
> And once I come to know about the file then after cancelling my representative's services can I take the file directly under me or change the representative to another one? If you cancel, then you will be contacted. If you want you can appoint another rep also..pls check the form
>Even for cancelling I think we require our file number which was I don't even know? In this case how can I cancel a representative's services? --- Check the form what details you need to cancel rep.---

Waiting for a reply..

Regards,
canimm

Samrat

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my B file number but while checking it online nothing showed up.

How do I check it, if any other option available??? Plz let me know.

I too used a lawyer but he was charging way more. So I have decided to do the further process on my own.

What shall i expect more? or be to be ready with?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
canimm said:

>Is there anyway I can check the status of my file?
> And once I come to know about the file then after cancelling my representative's services can I take the file directly under me or change the representative to another one?
>Even for cancelling I think we require our file number which was I don't even know? In this case how can I cancel a representative's services?

Waiting for a reply..

Regards,
canimm
you can check your status using your file number through
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
Get your file from your lawyer. he is compelled to provide your file number as he had been paid.

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
you can check your status using your file number through
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
Get your file from your lawyer. he is compelled to provide your file number as he had been paid.
Hello,

Why don't you ask, your lawyer to give a file number. This is your property and you have a full right to have the file number. Don't tell him that you want to cancel him, ask him to give you copies of letter or email received from Visa office for your record. file number must be mentioned on the letter or email.

As soon as you get the file Number, no need to have a lawyer, just cancel his service by using the link 1 friend sent you earlier. No nee to have a consultant/ lawyer if you have a Canadavisa.com

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
steaky said:
The OP said the lawyer has vanished.
read carefully:
he just vanished!! recently he appeared all of a sudden ...........

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
read carefully:
he just vanished!! recently he appeared all of a sudden ...........
Yes, you are right. It's an old post anyways....

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Yes, you are right. It's an old post anyways....
OLD POST Haha hahah :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D

We didn't check!!