+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last minute questions?? FBI Clearance, medicals, & Birth Certificate.

thompson84

May 27, 2015
Hello all,
We've been working diligently on this application for the past few months and we are so close to having it finished. But before we send it I have a few last minute questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1--I am from the U.S., my wife is Canadian. I obtained the FBI Clearance through an approved channeler (national background check) but I just discovered they are no longer accepting the FBI certificate through channelers. With that being said, I will get a set of fingerprints and request form sent off to the FBI directly, but i'm assuming it would be wise to still submit our application and send in the FBI clearance as soon as it arrives (in 2-3 months)??? Should I send the record I obtained from national background check with our application stating that we have applied for an additional one directly through the FBI and will send it once it has been received?

2--Considering I have lived in three different states for over 6 months at a time(washington, idaho, utah), do I need to get clearance from each one of those states? The CIC asks for clearance from countries that you have lived in for over 6 months, but doesn't indicate the need for states. Although when I have read through the forum, people are obtaining clearance from states. I'm slightly confused??

3--I have my birth record, which we've included in the application. I am still waiting on the state of Utah to send a new copy of my birth certificate. Can I send in my birth certificate at a later date, once it's been received? Or will the birth record be sufficient?

4--I had my medicals done in February of 2015. Therefore they are set to expire after one year. I have read about the extension that the visa officer is able to issue. Should I just plan to redo my medicals??? Or is that something they will request??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks sincerely

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Send proof that you have submitted your request directly to the FBI (such as a copy of the shipping receipt) as well as a note explaining why you are not including it with the application, (along with a copy of the NBC letter if you like). CIC is well aware of the delays with obtaining the FBI IHSR letters.

2. No. Unless CIC specifically asks for state issued PCCs, your FBI IHSR letter should suffice.

3. I would wait until you have a copy of your state issued birth certificate, since it is a required document per the Document Checklist.

4. With your medical expiring soon, you should be prepared to have another exam, but wait until CIC asks for one. It's remotely possible that the officer may extend yours...but not likely, IMO.

Oh...and you are submitting an OUTLAND application, correct...even if you are IN Canada as a visitor?

thompson84

May 27, 2015
Thanks for the insight Ponga. I am submitting an OUTLAND application. I suppose I will wait for the state issued certificate. .