+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
I have a question with regards to landing. I know that the principle applicant has to land in canada within one year of medical after receiving PR. My question is do the dependants also have to land within that year too?

minus360

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
London, England, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2009
Doc's Request.
July 2009
File Transfer...
April 2009
Med's Request
Sep. 2009
Med's Done....
Oct. 2009
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
March 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
June 2010
Canary said:
I have a question with regards to landing. I know that the principle applicant has to land in canada within one year of medical after receiving PR. My question is do the dependants also have to land within that year too?
YES! all applicant's Visa is valid for 1 year from Medicals day..All must be landed preferably the same time, that way you can avoid any hustle. Once Landed, every family is on a PR/Skilled worker status.He or she can go and come in to Canada (with PR card), still retaining their PR as long as they maintain their status by meeting the required years. Hope this helps.
Good luck.

Canary

Mar 12, 2009
Yeah you are right, its just easier to go together.

However, what if I go to canada to formalise the landing procedure and only stay for 4 weeks, making it a kind of holiday then return to my own country to sort things out etc.... On landing will Immigration be expecting me to show the full proof of funds from a bank account for me and my dependants, even if they know im only there for a few weeks?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If there is some un avoidable reasons for your dependants to stay further ( such as to complete the ongoing educaion/course) the principal applicant can land at an early date. The dependants can land within the validity period of their visa ( one year from date of medica). please ensure to retain their original CPR along with them.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you are the principal applicant you have to show the proof of funds.
After getting PR card (may take 4 to 6 weeks), you can go back and bring family together, before expiry of the medical date as your family has to land within the validity period.

wilson said:
If there is some un avoidable reasons for your dependants to stay further ( such as to complete the ongoing educaion/course) the principal applicant can land at an early date. The dependants can land within the validity period of their visa ( one year from date of medica). please ensure to retain their original CPR along with them.