Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5th 2010
I am approved for PR under CEC, and need to land before the end of May. I am not currently living in Canada. The trouble I have is that I may not be ready to make the move in time. My question is, if I fly over and go through the "landing" process, and spend a week or so there, can I then leave again for any period of time, until I can get myself sorted out?

Would really appreciate any input on this.

Thanks
Cheers
Noreved_73

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
noreved_73 said:
I am approved for PR under CEC, and need to land before the end of May. I am not currently living in Canada. The trouble I have is that I may not be ready to make the move in time. My question is, if I fly over and go through the "landing" process, and spend a week or so there, can I then leave again for any period of time, until I can get myself sorted out?
Yes, you can land and then leave again, you do not have complete your move at the time you are landing. If you have personal belongings that you will bring with you at a later date, you will have to complete a "goods to follow" form.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html

You will need to give a Canadian address to which your PR card will be mailed, hopefully you have family/friends that can receive it and send it to you (takes about 2 months).

After you land, you have to spend 2 years out of the next 5 in Canada to keep your PR status.