+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing - US to Canada help

teamduckie

Oct 7, 2013
Hello, our application was approved and my wife (US citizen living in US) will be moving up to Canada with me (Canadian citizen living in Canada) in September. Our plan is to have me fly down to US to help pack and say goodbyes to her family, then fly back to Canada with my wife to land. Does anybody have experience with this? How should we go about the tickets to get into the same line at customs to land, or are we supposed to go separately?

Should I buy a one-way ticket to US, then 2 one-way tickets for my wife and I? Or should I buy a round trip ticket (Canada to US and back), and have my wife buy a one-way ticket to Canada?

Thanks for the help!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
When you both arrive in Canada, you both can wait in the "non-resident" line and when you get to an officer, she can present her COPR and say she would like to land. She will be sent to a secondary area to do her landing and you can go with her. During landing they will ask a few easy questions (do you feel healthy? any changes to your family?, etc) and ask for both copies of COPR, passport and an address in Canada. Then the officer will write the address on the COPR (make sure the officer writes it correctly since this the address where her PR card will be mailed to), have her initial in a few places, have both her and the officer sign both copies and give her one of the copies and welcome her to Canada.

It doesn't matter how you arrange the tickets. Either option is fine.