+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing query Qorax

nall

Feb 22, 2012
HI Qorax and all others who can advice

I have received my landing papers under the skilled migration program. Have not travelled yet. I am gonna get married soon (no engagement). I needed to ask if I get married before landing is my original application for immigration still valid or do i need to reapply.

I have read on some websites (supposedly immigration consultants) that I might need to reapply from scratch. However I find it difficult to believe as it is a change in circumstance.

Can somebody guide me on this. Also please let em know the correct procedure and options.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
The way CIC adjudicates PR petitions is that if ONE member of family is inadmissible then ALL are inadmissible as well.
Therefore, they ask ALL members of family to apply before any can land in Canada (members can, after medicals, withdraw applications but still must be admissible for willing to immigrate members to get visas).
I thought about it ( I don't know almost anything about Canadian immigration laws other ) and came to conclusion that they do it to prevent as much as possible the separation of families should inadmissibility later force them to keep some family members outside of Canada. If this is the thought process behind the law, then it makes sense.

To answer your question: Yes, you would have to apply from scratches if you marry before landing.
Good luck.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nall said:

I have received my landing papers under the skilled migration program. Have not travelled yet. I am gonna get married soon (no engagement). I needed to ask if I get married before landing is my original application for immigration still valid or do i need to reapply.

I have read on some websites (supposedly immigration consultants) that I might need to reapply from scratch. However I find it difficult to believe as it is a change in circumstance.

Can somebody guide me on this. Also please let em know the correct procedure and options.
If u get married before 'landing':
1. U must 'add' ur spouse to ur PR file before u fly, else ur PRV & COPR stands invalid.
2. If u go ahead & 'land' - u'd not be able to 'sponsor' him/her from inland,
3. And if u try [the above] u risk being repatriated with a 2-yr's ban.
The procedure:
-Submit all his/her docs with a cover letter to ur VO,
-Pay the processing fees [$110],
-Wait for his/her meds [usually by 3-4 months],
-And then the PPR [afresh for the entire family... yes incl u],
-Submit both pps [yes, incl u... ur previous PRV would be "cancelled w/out prejudice"],
-Both ur pps would return with new PRVs+COPRs [usually by 3-6 weeks],
-voilà! U r good to go.

Qorax

nall

Feb 22, 2012
Re: Landing query Qorax (AGAIN)

Thats extremely helpful Qorax.

However, why are some people and websites (including some solicitors) of the opinion that the process starts all over again for me as well.

Any idea why would one be inadmissible? What are the considerations for that?

Do I need to be a PR (2 years living in Canada) after which I can than sponsor my spouse (in case I land and than marry).

Would highly appreciate your guidance.

nall

Feb 22, 2012
Also would appreciate if you can refer me to the cic website where I can follow the procedure from.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
nall said:

Or you can go and complete your landing. Get PR card and then come back and get married.
Though it's get your married 3 month late but once you pr and then you married. You will quickly get TRV for your wife and then once reach Canada you can apply for her PR

hira babar

Jun 29, 2012
Mississauga
Re: query Qorax

i need yr help, i am from pakistan . i am a doctor . on the basis of fast tract process inn immigration i applied thru a consultant in 2010 since then things were on pending, then in feb the consultant informed me that the case in refused due that one doc lacking which made my score a little less than the eligibile score, with that attached letter i got my unique code id and other details then i checked my online status in feb it was the decision is made the officer will contact u soon, then my consultant talked to me abt the way of requesting for reconsideration by sending along the laking document and then in june the approved it and the letter for approval was sent to me by him , then i checked my online status and was in process now, the due to tech defaults i could not access it , but few days before i reached to it again.and still its like in process but no dates no processing dtails nothing is mentioned , the consultant says that the all docs regarding my info update is been sent to the immigration office... my immigration prog is skilled worker and app was sent to sydney nova scotia .... now i wonder that whats up next the consultant tells me to wait, till now he didnt asked for medical neither for the police reports and nor told me anything about the verifications that when will the begin... so now i want u to guide me that what should be the next what should i look up to for forth coming stuff..
i will be very great ful to u if u could provide me the step by step upcoming things for me
thank u so much...