+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing process: port of entry

prateekgurjar

Aug 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received my passport and CoPR today. The destination province and city mentioned in my CoPR is Burnaby, BC, but I am planning to visit my cousin who lives in Edmonton. Is it mandatory to get the landing process completed in Burnaby or can I get it done in Edmonton.

Also, I will be coming back to US, so when asked about an address is it fine if I provide my cousins address for PR card?

Thanks in advance
Prateek

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I couldn't find anything on canada.ca about limitations on which POE to land at.
As an added note though, and this doesn't affect your situation, but I probably wouldn't recommend landing in Quebec if you don't also have a CSQ document.

If you are travelling back to the US before you receive your PR card, you can provide a Canadian address of a person you trust to receive your card and later forward it to you.

If you need to travel back to Canada and you do not have your PR card, you won't be able to travel by commercial transportation (bus line, airline, etc), but you will be able to cross at a land crossing in a private vehicle, or walk across if that POE accommodates that.

Reactions: prateekgurjar

prateekgurjar

Aug 9, 2017
I couldn't find anything on canada.ca about limitations on which POE to land at.
As an added note though, and this doesn't affect your situation, but I probably wouldn't recommend landing in Quebec if you don't also have a CSQ document.

If you are travelling back to the US before you receive your PR card, you can provide a Canadian address of a person you trust to receive your card and later forward it to you.

If you need to travel back to Canada and you do not have your PR card, you won't be able to travel by commercial transportation (bus line, airline, etc), but you will be able to cross at a land crossing in a private vehicle, or walk across if that POE accommodates that.
thanks a lot jordo. your response is really helpful.