+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Canada question

simonesc

Jul 27, 2010
Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback on this:

My husband will be "landing" in Vancouver with me (a U.S. born Canadian citizen currently living in the U.S.) on August 4th before his principal applicant visa expires on August 13th. Our 1 year old daughter is on the same application, only difference is that the visa appears only on my husband passport. We were not planning on taking my daughter on this trip out of convenience. Do we have to take her with us before the August 13 2010 visa expiration or will my husbands landing be enough for her to be considered landed? Does anyone know about this?

Thanks much.

Simone

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

simonesc said:
Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback on this:

My husband will be "landing" in Vancouver with me (a U.S. born Canadian citizen currently living in the U.S.) on August 4th before his principal applicant visa expires on August 13th. Our 1 year old daughter is on the same application, only difference is that the visa appears only on my husband passport. We were not planning on taking my daughter on this trip out of convenience. Do we have to take her with us before the August 13 2010 visa expiration or will my husbands landing be enough for her to be considered landed? Does anyone know about this?

Thanks much.

Simone
1. I assume the visa for your daughter is in her passport, so you have to take her to "land" before her visa expires.

simonesc

Jul 27, 2010
Hi, no actually the visa is only in my passport. That's why I am not sure if i am enough to land for the both o us since the visa is in my passport.

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
your second statement contradicts the first one a little.

in either case, if your daughter is a US citizen and does not have a Canadian PR, she will not be considered PR if she doesn't have a stamped passport and does not enter before the expiration date on the stamped passport.

On the other hand, since she's a US citizen, she can freely enter Canada as a visitor and stay with you. I am unaware of the implications of this.