Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I’m nominated by Saskatchewan PNP but I did my landing formalities at Emerson Port of Entry, Manitoba. My flagpoling experience was overall not good. I hired a car to Emerson from Winnipeg. I was accompanied by my fiancé, the driver and driver’s friend (these two were Canadians). Except me no one was carrying their passport or work permit (we assumed we won't need it). On our way to Pembina highway there's no sign or indication that US land starts and Canadian land ends, except a small arrow sign on the left side of the road where it's CBSA office parking. This is the place where one needs to park their vehicle and people who are not doing flagpoling unless driving by self or carrying valid passport and visa or work permit for people accompanied to prove legal status in Canada. As we reached near the border, we were under impression that the US border/land is on other side of building. I thought I’ll do flagpoling on foot and these guys can follow me from the other road without going ahead.
After we reached the (US) counter we realized we were already on the US side. At the counter, a lady US officer started asking us all weird questions about how we all know each other, where were we born, where are our passports or birth certificate if we don't have passports. We had other piece of ID’s (excluding me I had passport), which we showed them and they were okay and I explained them the situation that as it's my first time I was not aware of the whole process. My intention was to do flagpoling and not to cross the border and these people are with me but only I'm here for my immigration work. The US border officers were just doing their duty so they sounded rude especially to these two Canadians drivers and they thoroughly checked their car. They asked some more questions to the car owner which he did not like. My fiancé had no passport or work permit and was just asked normal questions. While leaving, the officer said that (to my fiancé) now that you will enter Canadian land what proof you are going to show them that will prove your status in Canada. The US officers gave us yellow slip, refusal letters (for all 4 of us) and said good bye. It took overall 20-25 mins on the US side.
After entering Canadian side at the counter, the officer asked us for Passports and birth certificates (again same nature of questions). We gave them the yellow slip and told her that only I'm here for landing rest of them were accompanying me. She directed us to the Canadian Customs office (CBSA). Inside the office, the officer asked us for ID’s and passports. One of the two Canadians had driving license and the other had Health card. The officer asked them for their Birth certificates, which obviously they didn’t have. They were asked to get it faxed, which they said there’s no one who can do it for them. The officer told them to sit. For my fiancé she said she need to see her Passport, Visa or work permit in original and no fax or scan copy will do it because she’s not Canadian. When I tried to convince the immigration officer about the situation her answer was because she left the country no matter for how little time and now that she’s seeking readmission and she’s not Canadian, those two people with us as they looked Canadian so for them she can see their papers in electronic format but for her she can’t do anything other than Passport and work permit in original. The officer was not rude or something she was only going by the rules and it was my mistake had to know it all before. Meanwhile she completed my Permanent residence formalities and congratulated me on becoming PR.
The drivers were allowed to go home after sometime and we had no choice other than getting my fiancé’s Passport and work permit. My fiancé called her friend in Winnipeg to get them at the border. After 3-4 hours wait at the Customs office, we finally got her Passport and work permit and by that time it was 11:45 in the night and the immigration officer was satisfied and said us good night. And an eventful day came to end.

yaanlpc

Mar 24, 2014
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015 (cic)
Doc's Request.
14-02-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2016, xPresspost activated 16th.
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
This is really a awful landing experience, but thanks for sharing it with us, I am gonna landing from same POE soon.

The only question I have, do you have to cross the border to US side to get the yellow slip, is that a necessary voucher to present to the custom officer for landing purpose?