Landing at Toronto

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI guys

I'm about to Land on Toronto airport as new immigrant

-What documents will be required for PR Card? I've read some posts where people wrote about taking printed 1-List of goods carried, 2-List of goods to follow, 3-PR Application, 4-Photos. Is there anything I'm missing or have extra?

-Can you please share your recent experience?

Thanks

F

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

These documents are required for your landing at Toronto Pearson Airport:

1- Your passport

2- Your COPR (confirmation of permanent residency)

3- List of goods with you, their description and value in Canadian Dollars

4- List of goods to follow, their description and value in Canadian Dollars

5- Customs declaration card (some airlines give this card in the airplane, if they don't you could find it at the customs hall)

Good luck!

Fhaider said:
HI guys

-What documents will be required for PR Card? I've read some posts where people wrote about taking printed 1-List of goods carried, 2-List of goods to follow, 3-PR Application, 4-Photos. Is there anything I'm missing or have extra?

Thanks

F

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
If my husband only has 1 suitcase with some clothes, shoes, and some personal items (hair gel, etc.) does he still have to fill out the b4 form? He comes from a very modest background and doesn't have much. Is the customs declaration enough in his case or should he fill out the b4? Even our wedding bands are very modest. Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
tink23 said:
If my husband only has 1 suitcase with some clothes, shoes, and some personal items (hair gel, etc.) does he still have to fill out the b4 form? He comes from a very modest background and doesn't have much. Is the customs declaration enough in his case or should he fill out the b4? Even our wedding bands are very modest. Thanks
I don't think it's necessary.... I arrived in th country on a visitor visa with 2 suitcases of clothes etc and was not asked anything... no B4 etc. If he only has on suitcase, and nothing of big value, then no need for a B4 - it's more if he wanted to take things like computer, or any appliances that are valuable.
good luck,
Sweden

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Sweden said:
I don't think it's necessary.... I arrived in th country on a visitor visa with 2 suitcases of clothes etc and was not asked anything... no B4 etc. If he only has on suitcase, and nothing of big value, then no need for a B4 - it's more if he wanted to take things like computer, or any appliances that are valuable.
good luck,
Sweden
Ok great! Yeah, he doesn't have any of that stuff that he'll be bringing, so this makes it much easier. Thanks! :)

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Also remember when you are immigrating here you have right to bring all your stuff TAX FREE, like furniture, car, electronics etc.. So it is good idea to list them on Good to follow as you can import them without paying any Tax on them in Canada.

cbm

Oct 17, 2012
hello guys

if you are a newcomers and would like to open a chequing account and start building your credit send me a message happy new year :)

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galip said:
Hi,

These documents are required for your landing at Toronto Pearson Airport:

1- Your passport

2- Your COPR (confirmation of permanent residency)

3- List of goods with you, their description and value in Canadian Dollars

4- List of goods to follow, their description and value in Canadian Dollars

5- Customs declaration card (some airlines give this card in the airplane, if they don't you could find it at the customs hall)

Good luck!
Thanks Galip

You mean there is no need to fill and print PR application Form?

Thanks once again

F

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Fhaider said:
HI guys

Thanks

F
Hello Fhaider,

Just want to shared our landing experience on December 12th, It was very smooth only took us 7 minutes to completed all process with the Immigration Officer.

After walking out from the airplane we enter to the first Canadian Customs desk, I told the officer that my wife is here for landing as permanent resident. The officer asks the general questions: where are coming from, what did you bring with you? Any meat, fruit, alcohol, cigarettes...etc. then the officer stamped our Customs Declaration Card and handed back to us. Another officer directed us to another office which handling the landing process, we waited in line for about 10 minutes then the officer call us to the counter, I handed over my wife's two copies of COPR paper and her passport/visa, the officer check on his computer system to verified all information are correct on the system that match the COPR paper, passport/visa and confirming the correct address, then the officer fill out the COPR papers and put his signature on both copies and asked my wife to signed both copies, then he handed back us the copy of COPR without my wife's photo and he keep the one with the photo and told my wife she will be receiving her PR Card by mail in about two weeks at the address on the COPR paper. Then the officer said Welcome to Canada!

PS. The officer did not ask us for any of the B4 or B4A forms and didn't ask how much funds that we are bring in to Canada.

Cheers,

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fhaider said:
Thanks Galip

You mean there is no need to fill and print PR application Form?

Thanks once again

F
No there is no need to fill and print PR application form.

Make sure that all information is correct on your COPR, if there is something wrong or missing they will correct it at the Immigration.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bold9900 said:
Hello Fhaider,

Just want to shared our landing experience on December 12th, It was very smooth only took us 7 minutes to completed all process with the Immigration Officer.

After walking out from the airplane we enter to the first Canadian Customs desk, I told the officer that my wife is here for landing as permanent resident. The officer asks the general questions: where are coming from, what did you bring with you? Any meat, fruit, alcohol, cigarettes...etc. then the officer stamped our Customs Declaration Card and handed back to us. Another officer directed us to another office which handling the landing process, we waited in line for about 10 minutes then the officer call us to the counter, I handed over my wife's two copies of COPR paper and her passport/visa, the officer check on his computer system to verified all information are correct on the system that match the COPR paper, passport/visa and confirming the correct address, then the officer fill out the COPR papers and put his signature on both copies and asked my wife to signed both copies, then he handed back us the copy of COPR without my wife's photo and he keep the one with the photo and told my wife she will be receiving her PR Card by mail in about two weeks at the address on the COPR paper. Then the officer said Welcome to Canada!

PS. The officer did not ask us for any of the B4 or B4A forms and didn't ask how much funds that we are bring in to Canada.

Cheers,
Thanks a lot Bold9900

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
No. the Custom officer will give you back a copy of COPR without the photo and he keep the one with the photo.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bold9900 said:
No. the Custom officer will give you back a copy of COPR without the photo and he keep the one with the photo.
Thanks.