+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed PR card holder but wants to reapply

sanaali

Feb 9, 2010
hi!

My husband is a landed PR card immigrant of Canada. We are in the middle of deciding to choose to stay in USA or to move to Canada. Since his landing he has not spent the 3 years time in Canada and logically the time period is finishing in june 10 whereas his pr card expires in 2011. when he landed he was not married but now his marital status has changed actually it changed 2 years back....so now he was thinking to surrender his this process and re apply for both of us together. Our current staus in usa is h1 and h1b. my question is that can he reapply after surrendring his pr or he cannot? what difficulties can we face in this regard!

its one of the options we are seeking so pls help as we need to decide either to move now or to wait if we can reapply.

one more question: has there been any new rule which states that only people who have done masters can apply for immigration??!

thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's actually only 2 years he would need to spend in Canada to keep his PR. If he can still make that in his first 5 years as a PR, then he hasn't lost his PR status yet. If he chooses to give up his PR and apply again, he can do that but the rules for applications have changed. There is no rule stating that you need your masters but applying as a skilled worker is now tied to being one of 38 occupations or having a job offer. You should have a look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp to see if you qualify.

shultrips

Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KUALALUMPUR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-6-2010
hi
i heard that the medicals get expired after 1 year. is it possible to redo the medical?
i also need to know if police clearance can be done beforehand( before approval that is)?
also that, we r not living in our home country. can v apply to the canadian embassy here?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shultrips said:
hi
i heard that the medicals get expired after 1 year. is it possible to redo the medical?
i also need to know if police clearance can be done beforehand( before approval that is)?
also that, we r not living in our home country. can v apply to the canadian embassy here?
1. Yes -1yr. No, u don't need to do the remeds yourself, let the CHC inform u first.
2. Do the PCCs after about 2 months from the initial apps. U can send it alongwith your 120 days docs.
3. Yes, provided u have 'legally' stayed in that country for 1yr or more.

shultrips

Mar 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KUALALUMPUR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-6-2010
thanks quorax
i need some more clarifications
my husband , who is the principal applicant, is living in this country for more than a year, but i came here 8 months back. can still this be done from here?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you came into the country with a one year visa or longer, you can apply there. You do not have to have lived in the country for one year.