+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Canada on Tourist Visa, How to Extend or Change My Status to Stay More?

786aswad

May 26, 2016
Can anybody assist me in my case that i am still having a valid visit visa but i want to change it to temporary resident or extend it as visitor?
Means i don't want to go back to my home country.
i came from Saudi Arabia having there valid residency permit but am Pakistani national.
Any Solutions For Me?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
786aswad said:
Can anybody assist me in my case that i am still having a valid visit visa but i want to change it to temporary resident or extend it as visitor?
i came from Saudi Arabia having there valid residency permit but am Pakistani national.
Any Solutions For Me?
you can try http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp but stay still only temporary and you will need to leave in the end even if you get a visitor extension.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
786aswad said:
Any Solutions For Me?
A visit visa makes you a temporary resident.

You can request an extension, as mentioned above but even then, there is no guarantee that it is approved and if it is, the maximum time you can stay with an extension is 12 months.

If you are looking for a more permanent solution, then that is not it.

You would need to look into studying or working in Canada for that.

M

mikeymyke

786aswad said:
Any Solutions For Me?
As a temporary visitor, you're not supposed to "not want to go back to your country", you're only supposed to be here temporarily.

TRV = Temporary Resident Visa

If you want to stay more permanently, you should apply as a skilled worker or take up schooling. But as a visitor, you should NOT be trying to stay here permanently.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
that is why Canada visitor visa is so tough because you people once land in Canada do not want to go back ... .Creates problem for genuine visitors also.pack you bags and go to lahore asap

M

mikeymyke

tajinder107 said:
that is why Canada visitor visa is so tough because you people once land in Canada do not want to go back ... .Creates problem for genuine visitors also.pack you bags and go to lahore asap
Exactly, I wish people would stop blaming the government for the tough rules when its actually these guys that are the problem.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
Totally agree - please go back for the sake of others. Residents in Saudi generally have it easy when receiving TRVs. Please don't ruin it for the rest of the good folks.